Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RJ de Vera's white Honda Civic (TFATF)

larrygre
08-21-2003, 09:21 AM
Anyone know of photos and specs of the real car? It looks like a '96 Civic coupe. Could not find anything on this car on the Net at all.

Thanks.

EMAXX
08-21-2003, 10:23 AM
I don't know which one you are talking about. It's been a while since I last saw the movie. Would you happen to have any pics of it and I'll try to find some things on it.

larrygre
08-21-2003, 11:06 AM
I don't know which one you are talking about. It's been a while since I last saw the movie. Would you happen to have any pics of it and I'll try to find some things on it.

I have no pics to speak of. The car is the white car featured in the street race where Brian bets the Eclipse. RJ de Vera himself drives the car in the movie. It's a white 96 Honda Civic 2 coupe with a twin-scooped hood similar to the scoops on Johnny Tran's S2000, and a big black VIS decal on the hood.

Thanks.

EMAXX
08-21-2003, 11:59 AM
Ok, I'll try and find some more out about it. Just give me about 3 hours or so.

EMAXX
08-21-2003, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry. I can't find anything on it.

Import_Tuner
08-21-2003, 04:33 PM
hey
OK RJ has a VeilSide S2000 that Jonny Tran drove.
http://www.geocities.com/import_sleeper/Super_Star.html
That page should give some info. the pics are only small however, but thats what i dug up in the last 5 mins.
(I have my ways, I know where to look ;) )
Nothing on the civic however, sorry. it was obviously only an extra, like they use people as extras in fight scenes and people in a restaurant etc. in films.

larrygre
08-21-2003, 08:47 PM
Hey, guys, thanks for trying.

Best regards,

thething
08-21-2003, 08:49 PM
It's a white 96 Honda Civic 2 coupe with a twin-scooped hood similar to the scoops on Johnny Tran's S2000, and a big black VIS decal on the hood.

yes indeed
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/pc8bd6230a4330fc9181624817dba38fc/fb5235d3.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/pb50121002af0828f297dfd1f78cecd00/fb5235d0.jpg
sorry for the crappy pics, it was kinda hard to take good pics with all the action going on
here's a pic when I was riding shotgun with Brian
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/pf4831d1ded5c5d2325af185ea7224a50/fb5235ce.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/p358d0e390f12b324791539130bb6dfd3/fb5235cc.jpg
I know they're bad pics, but just something to give people an idea of what car it is

thething
08-21-2003, 08:50 PM
oh yeah, and here's everything I know about the car
96 Civic EX coupe
z3 fenders
altezzas
cool wing that sticks back past the trunk

larrygre
08-21-2003, 09:06 PM
oh yeah, and here's everything I know about the car
96 Civic EX coupe
z3 fenders
altezzas
cool wing that sticks back past the trunk

Thanks for the pics and the info!

Best regards,

Modgod
08-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Thats a awsome car its better then some of the honda's Ive seen in the wich are pretty much rice but I just learned something new that it wasnt a actor in the honda im so stupid :banghead:

larrygre
08-21-2003, 11:00 PM
Thats a awsome car its better then some of the honda's Ive seen in the wich are pretty much rice but I just learned something new that it wasnt a actor in the honda im so stupid :banghead:

Don't be so hard on yourself. I didn't know that was RJ until I read it in an article about the movie!

I wish there were better pics of the white Civic...would love to model that.

Best regards,

willimo
08-22-2003, 12:21 AM
That is NOT and 1996 Civic. I'm amazed how many people have "confirmed" that it is. That Civic was manufactured between 1992-1995. And if you're wondering, look at the hood. See how it goes all the way to the bumper? With no grill? 1996+ has a grill between the headlamps. Also, the headlamps are skinnier on the '92-'95 than on the newer cars. I was afraid I might put my foot in my mouth, so I busted out my DVD and watched the race. The taillamps are also narrower, as is the license plate surround. Everything is narrower, on that generation. The waistline is a little higher and the B piller is raked a little more. So, yeah, it's very much not a 1996 Civic. In fact, that's a '95 Civic with the very same body kit as the three black Civics used to jack the trucks in the movie. Which gives you a good starting point for the car.

Anyway, hope this helps. And I've forgotten just how retarded this movie is....

larrygre
08-22-2003, 08:51 AM
That is NOT and 1996 Civic. I'm amazed how many people have "confirmed" that it is. That Civic was manufactured between 1992-1995. And if you're wondering, look at the hood. See how it goes all the way to the bumper? With no grill? 1996+ has a grill between the headlamps. Also, the headlamps are skinnier on the '92-'95 than on the newer cars. I was afraid I might put my foot in my mouth, so I busted out my DVD and watched the race. The taillamps are also narrower, as is the license plate surround. Everything is narrower, on that generation. The waistline is a little higher and the B piller is raked a little more. So, yeah, it's very much not a 1996 Civic. In fact, that's a '95 Civic with the very same body kit as the three black Civics used to jack the trucks in the movie. Which gives you a good starting point for the car.

Anyway, hope this helps. And I've forgotten just how retarded this movie is....

I think you might be right on that. If so, it's a problem, as nobody made a 1/24 scale Civic coupe of that vintage, only the hatchback - except of course for the Revell diecast black car. As you said, its a starting point, but modifying a diecast, as we all know, is a major pain in the ass.

As good - or as bad - as TFATF was as a movie, I have to give it credit for injecting a lot of new life into both the real car hobby and the model car hobby. And anything that sends a shot of adrenaline into the hobby is OK by me.

Best regards,

EMAXX
08-22-2003, 09:18 AM
Oh, I remember this car now. I still can't find anything on it though. I'll keep my eye out though.

Camber
08-22-2003, 09:52 AM
I think you might be right on that. If so, it's a problem, as nobody made a 1/24 scale Civic coupe of that vintage, only the hatchback - except of course for the Revell diecast black car. As you said, its a starting point, but modifying a diecast, as we all know, is a major pain in the ass.

As good - or as bad - as TFATF was as a movie, I have to give it credit for injecting a lot of new life into both the real car hobby and the model car hobby. And anything that sends a shot of adrenaline into the hobby is OK by me.

Best regards,

You can get the EG hatch by hasegawa, then put the front of it on the revell Ek coupe, and you can always shorten the tail lights with some putty. I was going to do this, but did'nt have enough money you buy 2 kits at the time.

pvt_awol
09-22-2003, 01:57 PM
Right O! That isn't a '96 civic. But, it's not a '95 either. It's actually a '93, and they made no coupe in '92. So technically you can't say the civic coupe is a '92-'95 model, cause there was no '92 model. But that's just me being technical.

Anyway, the body kit is a VIS kit, as well as the the hood, and the wing. You can see all about it on the VIS web site.

As for no one making a '93-'95 coupe model, I was very pissed about this as well. So I made my own. I took the Revell civic coupe tuner 2'n1, and chopped off the front clip. Then I took the Tamiya (I think) curbside '92-'95 hatchback, and I molded the front clip to the Revell kit. I also did the interior pieces. So, now I have a '95 civic coupe (for the most part) with engine and all. I can post some pics if you'd like.

(I'm also working on putting the revell front end on the tamiya model, kinda' like some people are doing now in real life)

larrygre
09-22-2003, 08:56 PM
I can post some pics if you'd like.

Please do! Would LOVE to see that conversion.

Thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!