Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How are Hasegawa's kit?

fairladyz_gt-r
08-21-2003, 05:20 AM
how good are the hasegawa's kit? do they have problem? i am planning to get the Civic and this cosmo mazda plz help!

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?HSGHC2

freakmech
08-21-2003, 06:02 AM
these are great kits and often come with PE parts etc... i have enjoyed every kit ive bought by them but they put out very eclectic kits so you wont get new cars to often but the kits are as good as Tamiya and better then Fujimi in my opinion but the selection is oddball.

zerrocool
08-21-2003, 06:11 AM
great kit, i got a lancer evo 1 and it came with carpet and window masks

fairladyz_gt-r
08-21-2003, 06:22 AM
what is photo enhance?

doraemon
08-21-2003, 06:26 AM
Is photo etched, I have two from hasegawa, one mylast project fits perfectly, is a stratos montecarlo rally winner, and comes with a piece of rubber to make the rear mud protection you know and the decals in this model are better than tamiya ones, and I have another from hasegawa to build, a lancia superdelta wrc and comes with photoetched seatbelts and also rubber for the mud and a very thin rubber piece to made the seat belts with the photoetched, and the overall quality seems to be pretty good.

freakray
08-21-2003, 07:14 AM
is a stratos montecarlo rally winner......decals in this model are better than tamiya ones

The decals in that kit are from Cartograf which definitely makes better quality decals than Tamiya.

As a rule, I like Hasegawa kits, but there are some things I don't like.
Tup interiors suck and 75% of the Hasegawa kits I have built have tub interiors.
Some of the moldings are really thin which can be good and also can be bad.
They seem to be slightly smaller than Tamiya kits so there is a noticeable difference when set side-by-side.

My rule for buying Hasegawa is that if it is a kit I want in my collection and nobody else makes it, then I am glad Hasegawa do!
They make a lot of kits other manufacturers don't (like the Lancia's) and they are worth buying for this alone!

z33guy
08-21-2003, 07:52 AM
Im about to pick up the stratos by them, I love that car

EMAXX
08-21-2003, 10:27 AM
Hum, I think I'm going to have to get a kit from hasegawa. It seems like everyone loves them.

egon_dude
08-21-2003, 03:02 PM
I havent built a hasegawa car, but ive built a few of their planes and the quality was top notch, same class as tamiya for fit and detail. I think that hasegawa are actually owned by tamiya which would account for the high quality of the kits. They are certainly much better than airfix or revell!

freakray
08-22-2003, 07:51 AM
I havent built a hasegawa car, but ive built a few of their planes and the quality was top notch, same class as tamiya for fit and detail. I think that hasegawa are actually owned by tamiya which would account for the high quality of the kits. They are certainly much better than airfix or revell!

Hasegawa's aircraft models are on an altogether different level to their car models, the quality of their aircraft is far superior.

As for Tamiya owning Hasegawa :screwy: :confused:

egon_dude
08-22-2003, 10:36 AM
As for Tamiya owning Hasegawa :screwy: :confused:

yeah fair comment. im sure i saw that somewhere, but evidently after checking some old boxes+ instructions i think i must have made that up.
AS you said, :screwy:

hirofkd
08-22-2003, 01:59 PM
I don't think Tamiya owns Hasegawa, but I heard that they are related (son and daughter married).
Quality is more to do with the company philosophy, and both Tamiya and Hasegawa values fit and detail, sacrificing affordability.

DSM-Mark
08-22-2003, 02:40 PM
I now have 2 kits in my possession: the '93 Celica Rally and the Porsche 968. Both are beautiful kits. I have a third on the way. The Porsche may be a little sparse for a 2400 yen kit, but it does have full engine detail. I only wish Hasegawa made more modern kits.

cyclone1410
08-23-2003, 06:38 AM
I have made a couple of Hasegawas (a couple of rally cars) and have found them to be quite good with quality up to Tamiya levels. The prices are a little steep for what you get though. I also wish they would make some newer stuff.

Jay!
08-23-2003, 03:10 PM
I have 3 Hasegawa kits:
Ferrari 348ts Subaru Impreza WRX Sport Wagon Volkswagon 23-Window Bus
I've built the WRX already; there's pics around the forum...

The WRX and VW are much like Fujimi kits: Simple kit, good detail all around, but it looks like they skimp on detail in certain places, such as the interior tubs, as Ray said... Suspension detail on the WRX was very detailed and complicated, though; more like Tamiya.

The Ferrari is more like a Tamiya, but not quite as 'polished': full engine detail, great detailed interior (a must for a targa car!) and a photo-etched fret to boot!

If Hasegawa make a kit of a car I want to build, I'll not hesitate to buy it. Of course it's always wise to ask on the forum for opinions, since someone else is bound to have it, too... ;)

Add your comment to this topic!