Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

new here, 91 accord lookin for tips

DJSparty
08-20-2003, 01:03 PM
I have a 91 honda accord coupe 5 speed. I haven't really done much with it. It has a new exhaust, aiwa deck, new radiator because it decided to rust out on me.. :( and i have a bunch of neon lights including two 15" tubes and ground effects. Im hoping to get it painted black because it's that oh so popular honda brown and i hate it. I think i have a friend who's uncle can do it for me for pretty cheap. Now what I am looking for is what kinda things i can do to it to change the looks and where I can find places that sell what i'd need. First off, I want the windows tinted, would I be better off trying it myself or gettin someone to do it for me? if i should just try it my self does any one have any tips on how i can not screw it up? What are some other mods i can do for maybe under $100 (kinda tight on money at the moment) that would make a difference in looks..suggestions for where to put some neons maybe? thanks alot

Accord_Zero
08-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Under 100 bucks? For each part, or total? Lets see...many intakes are under 100. Sparg plug wires, too. Strut tower bars, upper and lower, are cheap. High-flow cat's are around 50 bucks. Hell, you can even get a set of coil-overs for under 60 bucks on eBay.

But my suggestion to you is this: If you plan on keeping your car for awhile, then don't rush into doing cheap mods (basically anything that says APC on it). So many people ask for cheap ways to get looks or gain HP, and they spend their money on the cheap immitations. Save up for awhile so you can get something that is at least decent. You might regret it otherwise...plus, you'll probably just end up replacing whatever cheap part is in there anyway.

Not sure about neon placement (under-car)...I haven't done that on my car yet...I don't have the ground effects to make it happen. What kind of ground effects do you have on that thing?

AKKORDINGLY SICK
08-20-2003, 06:33 PM
bro just have a profesional do your tint, as far as parts just remember you get what u pay for, so dont expect any big gains or any positive gains either.

DJSparty
08-20-2003, 10:28 PM
alrite so forget the cheap thing...since im pretty car clue-less, what should i do and what are average costs for things i can do to improve appearence and performance and in what order would you reccomend they be done in.. (i guess tha's what i meant to ask in the first place)

AKKORDINGLY SICK
08-21-2003, 01:05 AM
well what are your main priorities appearance or power??? what would u rather accomplish first, then we can tell you

but what is almost a kinda given with every car is to lower it, a lowered car almost always looks better then stock

Accord_Zero
08-21-2003, 09:00 AM
I would recommend upgrading HP first. It's cool to have a sleeper, and your car will look much nicer once you get all the dirty work out of the way. The work is literally dirty, I still have stains on my fenders after just replacing the headlights! When you finish power upgrades, then you can focus everything on looks. That's the route I would go.

strodda
08-21-2003, 01:23 PM
id say lower it and go for any other looks oriented upgrades. since you already have the bodykit save up for a set of rims. going for performance is kind of a waste of time in your car... i should know, i wasted my money on all that stuff. whoana, another member on this site, ran high 16's after his i/h/e upgrade. and any good setup can cost a grand easily.

DJSparty
08-21-2003, 07:20 PM
well im goin more for looks first. So first on my list are tint and getting it lowered i supposed since everyone has said to do that. What kinda options are there in lowering a car and which would be the best do you think and what would the approx. cost be? Oh, and i believe a friend of mine is gonna paint the car for me but im not really sure yet..hoping it'll be cheap tho... (cheap meaning money not quality....)

DJSparty
08-21-2003, 08:34 PM
alrite, found something i want but not exactly how i want it. Honda Indiglo "H" emblem - (Rear) (http://216.82.69.117/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=EH-IG) they only have three colors and i want green. Anyone know where i can get a green one of these?

Michael Ladd
09-15-2003, 09:02 PM
You've already spent some money on some upgrades, besides you won't get any real gain, albeit some, but you would have to spend some serious money to make it a serious racer. You can tint the windows yourself, I would suggest taking them off their tracks out of the door panels if its a manual window. You would be surprised how easy it really is, and remember to wet everything, the film, squeegy, everything. Be liberal, and remove all bubbles, which will be easier with liberal amounts of mixture on the film. Body kits and seats are getting so much more reasonable these days. neon is easy to put on. If you have serious cash anyone can put on an original veilside from japan. Lower the car and put springs and coilovers on. Save for some new shoes, every ride the first thing is get it some new shoes (Wheels & Tires). Look at www. checkeredflagteam.com or 877.357.7500 for anything you might need. Good Luck.

92lx
09-18-2003, 02:46 AM
The links in my signature would interest you a lot, I think they may be helpful...I know it's like self-promotion, but I truly say it because I think it would be a very valuable resource....check it out.

- Nathan

5thGenAccord
01-25-2004, 09:05 AM
most of everything on my car i placed in myself. neons, cd player, amp, 2 JL 12's, etc. some things were a pain but the end result was the satisfaction that i installed it myself (with help from my fellow team of course) and of course the money i saved doing it myself.

for me, the path im following is looks first, since im not really thinking bout racing my car. that is unless an h22 happens to fall into my yard.

Add your comment to this topic!