Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

PASSED IWC: scheduled maintenance

Problem_Si
08-19-2003, 04:21 PM
Im not sure if you have articles on AF's main page about when the administrators plan on updating/fixing the AF database, But I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who have a "favorites" link straight to their favorite forum. I very rarely go to the AF main page, or any page outside of the "88-91 Civic" forum, so usually when AF goes down, its a total suprise.

I was selling an item a few weeks ago, and this presented a problem by me not being able to get in contact with the other AF user...I know that's not really administrations problem, but it would have been nice to know ahead of time.

My proposal is maybe to have a sticky thread in each forum, kinda like the announcement ones that are already floating around. Except, on these one's, let us know when you plan on shutting down the system.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST WITH YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON HOW THE PROPOSED CHANGE CAN BE MADE BETTER. START YOUR OWN IWC THREAD IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA ON HOW TO FURTHER IMPROVE AF AFTER THIS CHANGE PASSES OR FAILS.

Add your comment to this topic!