Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

wtf was rusty thinking??

carkid22
08-19-2003, 03:04 PM
he decided not to pit at the last second and ended up taking out jr. i think jr.'s shot at the title may be over after that.

z33guy
08-19-2003, 05:51 PM
I think junior realizes that his title hopes are over and hes just gonna try and race hard and not loose any more points and atleast get a 2nd place out of it. Unless matt has trouble its his. And i think rusty needs a new crew chief. I thought parrott would go there but doesnt look that way. Rusty will prolly go another season without a win, really he only has prolly two more tracks that he can really win on. Shame to, especially when his teammate is bending everyone over a barrel.

carkid22
08-19-2003, 07:25 PM
yeah newman is my favorite, i only like rusty a little bit because he is newman's teammate. rusty doesn't just need a new crew chief, he needs a whole new pit crew, they've been terrible this year.

z33guy
08-19-2003, 08:18 PM
Ive always been a rusty wallace fan. I hope he gets it turned around and back to winning more than just one race a year.

carkid22
08-19-2003, 08:36 PM
he's good on short tracks but he seems to dominate then fade toward the end. i think he is just as strong as last year but the reason he is not in the top-ten is the equipment.

carkid22
08-20-2003, 12:36 AM
another thing i think rusty needs to do is listen to ryan more. when he got the pole last year at dover i believe he waas running one of ryan's setups if i'm not mistaken.

z33guy
08-20-2003, 07:37 AM
yea if they would just do their stuff, then they would atleast be seconds and win acouple when ryan has bad days. One of rustys BIGGEST problems is that he is a seat of the pants driver. Ryan and his crew cheif are both engineers and put in the car what they numbers say. Rusty has said hes trying some newman stuff, but not all of it works. I still think he needs a new crew chief but billy wilburn has been there along time, and rusty doesnt like to change much in his race team.

Add your comment to this topic!