Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Initial D on DVD

intrusiondetectd
08-19-2003, 11:58 AM
hey everybody, found something for ya. Most of the initial D series on DVD check it out

http://www.edvdstore.com/ListI.htm

nemo_wolf
08-19-2003, 10:48 PM
yo this should be in the anime thread. btw those are good prices but there the HK releases ... not that there bad releases but i would wait till the US releases.

TheNotoriousMogg
08-19-2003, 11:07 PM
well thats a good deal, but I am with nemo they need to be US release, although I have episodes 1-26 of initial D stage 1 on my pc

intrusiondetectd
08-20-2003, 10:33 AM
yeah I have most of them on my PC too, but now that I got the remote control and video card with TV out for my media computer I can watch them on my big TV

nemo_wolf
08-20-2003, 01:54 PM
ohh dont get me wrong i actually have it all on my PC ... well burnt CD's now cause its to much space ... but the HK releases dont support the creators ... and frankly this is a series i want to support so i plan on buying up this series as it comes out. knowing that lot of the new series are coming out with boxes i cant wait to see what nifty stuff they package with initial D ... ohh and they have a new card game coming out in september i think it was.

TheNotoriousMogg
08-20-2003, 05:23 PM
ohh and they have a new card game coming out in september i think it was.

a card game like magic the gathering? or pokeman? that kind?

nemo_wolf
08-21-2003, 11:50 AM
yes just like those games but with car racing.

dont ask me for details cause im not following it or anything ... i might get some to get the honda card ... and the hachi so i can show off the car i wish i had.

TheNotoriousMogg
08-29-2003, 12:10 AM
I think these are teh US version

http://www.iloveracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PR&Product_Code=1-ID201&Category_Code=VDVD

nemo_wolf
08-30-2003, 10:56 AM
errrrrrrr ...

im sorry ... that is not the correct answer. as many of you should already know legit dvds come encoded for one region and only one region. this dvd set is for "Region Coding : ALL (Playable on any DVD player.) " which means its a boot leg copy. until the US releases their copy these versions will be springing up to catch the last bit of unlicensed time. and btw ... NO american dvd for 26 episodes will ever really be on 3 dvds, i think one series that i know of was released on 3 but they did that cause the series wasnt expected to do well money wise, so they gave it at a discount, in theory.

XxLuckyLisaxX
08-31-2003, 08:35 PM
ok so i dont get it whats the difference between those and the us released ones, will they both play on any dvd player?

nemo_wolf
09-01-2003, 08:18 AM
the official us release will be made to function as a region one dvd only. like any other dvd released in the us. each region of the world is supposed to regulate that kinda stuff but in certain areas of the world were things run a little more black market, they tend to make more region encoding or no region encoding at all. this also tends to not be official which means that the creators are probly not getting a penny from any of the sales which if your anything like me is not something you want to support. the anime industry is huge but thats because theres alot of competition between companies for ideas and production.

dont sell them short and get something not official unless you plan on buying both. i know i did.

Add your comment to this topic!