Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

i need ideas on strobe light placement...

JuMBoBeaTS
08-19-2003, 12:24 AM
wassup guys... i recently copped a pair of strobe lights... 2 sets.. one for the front n one for the back... ive got an idea where to put the ones for the back (i was thinking of placing them in the turn signal chamber of the taillight)... but im not sure where to put the front ones... i was thinking of somewhere in the headlight... what did u guys do? if it makes any difference, i bought the strobes that are by hiper... the strobe is a small straight tube, covered by a plastic sheath, and seated in a rubber grommet... i'll post pics if necessary.. thanks in advance

BrandonClaps
08-25-2003, 03:23 AM
i mounted my police strobes directly under my headlight bulb in the headlight housing of my 2k si

Bambooseven
08-25-2003, 03:31 AM
you would assume as close to the headlight bulb as possible would = maximum reflectiveness.

BrandonClaps
08-25-2003, 09:10 AM
depends on where in the headlight housing, could reflect off the highbeam or lowbeam reflector

JuMBoBeaTS
08-26-2003, 12:28 AM
how did u mount it?? did u just drill a hole?

BullShifter
08-26-2003, 02:30 AM
Yes just drill a hole. Make the hole towards the lower part of the housing. That way if any water gets in from a bad seal it has a place to drain. Just make the proper sized hole & possibly seal with silicone to prevent any leaks.

Add your comment to this topic!