Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

FAILED IWC: Personal Customization

rsxer45
08-18-2003, 09:54 PM
I was thinking that maybe we could create a customization feature that would allow users to personalize how they would want AF to look (kinda like a "skin"). Seeing as how we can't please everybody, I think this could be a cool alternative. Everything from the background, text fonts (including a personal font for there user name), smilies, and whatever else you can think of (as long as its feasible) would be available for customization. That way each user can have a unique AF experience.

I really don't know what it takes to make a website, so I'm not sure if this could be implemented efficiently. If its too much work Igor, then just don't bother with this idea. It might be a little overboard.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST WITH YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON HOW THE PROPOSED CHANGE CAN BE MADE BETTER. START YOUR OWN IWC THREAD IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA ON HOW TO FURTHER IMPROVE AF AFTER THIS CHANGE PASSES OR FAILS.

Sean
08-18-2003, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I think it is a great idea!

numbware
08-19-2003, 12:52 PM
I think it's a great idea too. I think it would be very possible with CSS styles. :iceslolan

igor@af
08-20-2003, 08:50 AM
This is a great idea, unfortunately it is not feasible at this point in time as it will significantly increase the number of processes on the server side. However, be sure that it will be considered in the future.

Add your comment to this topic!