Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'97 Honda Civic Side Marker Question

CivicLeader
08-18-2003, 07:28 AM
Hello everyone....
I have a problem with my drivers-side side-marker. The side-marker comes on when I have my headlights on and when I'm using it to make a left turn, but, if I just have my side-markers on...only the passenger side-marker is on. I was thinking it was a fuse but am unsure.
Please let me know your thoughts on this!
Thanks in advance!:bigthumb:
CL

SilverY2KCivic
08-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Hello everyone....
I have a problem with my drivers-side side-marker. The side-marker comes on when I have my headlights on and when I'm using it to make a left turn, but, if I just have my side-markers on...only the passenger side-marker is on. I was thinking it was a fuse but am unsure.
Please let me know your thoughts on this!
Thanks in advance!:bigthumb:
CL

Sounds like a funky wiring issue to me. I don't get the whole thing of having them on with the headlights though. :disappoin

CivicLeader
08-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Sounds like a funky wiring issue to me. I don't get the whole thing of having them on with the headlights though. :disappoin

Hmmmm...I guess what i'm trying to say is that when I turn on my headlights....the headlights of course come on but also the amber turn signal lights come on as well...but if I only turn on my ambers....only the right one comes on...(the first position on the light switch where you turn on your headlights).
I hope this makes it clearer...I'd include pic's but I'm at work right now...
CL

SilverY2KCivic
08-18-2003, 11:21 PM
I understand the problem, still sounds like a funky wiring issue like they didn't wire the parking lights to the left sidemarker. I still don't get why anyone would want them on 24/7 when the other lights are on. :uhoh: I have sidemarkers myself, and they ONLY come on when I have my blinker switched on.

hybridnorthern
08-21-2003, 02:08 PM
Did you wire them yourself? If so, its fo-sho a wiring issue. I accidentaly wired my side markers to my corner lights at first and not the bumper lights. Corners stay on with headlights on, while the bumper lights only blink.

If its factory...........sheeeit, then I dont have a clue

CivicLeader
08-22-2003, 10:26 AM
Fella's.....I'm a :loser:
Just call me a Gerbroni...!
I meant my corner lights...bliinker lights...what ever you call them...I don't have sidemarkers installed.....
Guys..I'm sorry to make that kinda mistake...I'm a :loser:...what can I say....
So...can ya'll still help me out with this new revised problem...
CL:loser: on this thread!

Add your comment to this topic!