Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Painting Questions

vw_golf_vw
08-16-2003, 11:47 PM
A few questions about painting.

1. Is there any type of paint that will give the interior a different look,like a leather look or something...

2. I know flocking can be used on the interior, as well as putting real fabric on the seats, any other methods like this?

3. For detailing the interior, especially the dash, are there any tools besides good brushes you use to get very minute detail?

Thanks

freakmech
08-16-2003, 11:59 PM
1) Scale Motorsports offers a flocking spray can. also if you use a flat paint on interior then use a leather oil over top of that it can resemble leather.
2) Isnt this the same question?
3) yeah there is a great tool for detailing... a toothpick dipped into paint. or a fine point brush.

ShOrtyOC714
08-17-2003, 02:22 AM
Here, if u want a leather look, just paint ur interior with a flat color, and get just a little tiny bit of lotion and rub it all over the seats to give it a leather look, sounds funney, but works wonders!!! :iceslolan

iceblend
08-17-2003, 03:33 AM
What kinda lotion?

egon_dude
08-17-2003, 04:43 AM
this is a technique i picked up from making 1/16th scale military figures, but the best way to make fabric look like fabric is to use either artists oils or artist acrylics (not tamiya acrylics), and blend 2 or 3 shades of the same colour to represent highlights and shadows on the seat. So on the tops of ridges, use a lighter tone, and at the sides and in the bottom of creases use the darker tone. These paint also have a leather like sheen when they are dry, which looks pretty realistic.

EMAXX
08-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Some people here have some weird things. Shorty puts lotion on his seats. some people use toothpaste for a rubbing compound. :lol2:

DJ RaYgU
08-17-2003, 04:53 PM
Some people here have some weird things. Shorty puts lotion on his seats. some people use toothpaste for a rubbing compound. :lol2:

:iagree:

yup. :p

ShOrtyOC714
08-17-2003, 04:56 PM
:iagree:

yup. :p

I didnt do it, i think HiroBoy made a thread on it, not me, i just said it cuz i remembered how someone did it, dont laugh at me, ahaha i didnt make it... :grinyes:

Add your comment to this topic!