91 929 Tranny?? Is it ok or ????

justen
08-15-2003, 12:05 AM
I just bought a 91 929, has 121,000 on it now and i am not the most mechanicly incline person so i really need some feed back, basically im just wonderin if anyone thinks i might have a tranny problem or could have one soon the only thing that i notice is 4th gear hits kind of hard not real bad but little hard, wen i slow to a stop sign and dont completely stop and hit the gas it seems like it gets confused between 2nd a 1st, if anyone has an idea i would appreciate anything i just wanna know what to expect, thank u

SR20 Infiniti
01-03-2004, 03:05 AM
I found most older 929's did this when I was looking at them, that why I chose the 5spd in my 89...

Michael Glover
06-12-2004, 05:33 AM
Take the car to a reputable transmission shop and get them to do a full service;do the filter, adjust the bands & flush the lines with new ATF... and do it every 20,000Km (12,000 Miles) there after. These EC-4AT's are full of microswitches and electronic this and that and regular servicing is most important.
They don't think much of being over-heated either, so an after-market supplementary transmission cooler is money well spent. Run the ATF thru the cooler, into the pipes at the bottom of the radiator, and then back to the transmission... because heating the ATF in cold weather is just as important as cooling it in the heat of summer!
If you don't spend the dough looking after them, at the end of ther day, these EC-4AT gearboxes will bite your wallet very hard!

Michael Glover
06-12-2004, 05:36 AM
AND:
If the HOLD light on the dash flashes at you, it's giving a trouble code.
No flashing HOLD light... no real trouble!

Add your comment to this topic!