Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

running ruff

vermontaccord
08-14-2003, 11:41 PM
i am new to this forum but it seems you guys are really up on the accord. so here is a stumper.
i have a 92 accord.. it runs rough when at a consistant speed. it runs good when you step on the gas. did a tune up and replaced plugs, wires, pvc valve, rotor, cap, air filter (it was full of oil like dirt), gas filter, and put in injector cleaner and ran through 2 treatments. there are times when it will not start.. if i let it sit or if i crank it 20-30 times it will fire up and run again. went to dealer and they suggested the distributer bearing may be going bad and i should replace it.. but they said that they were not positive that was the problem. any thoughts?

kings_blend
08-15-2003, 01:10 PM
my neighbor who is a mechanic suggested the same thing with the distributor bearing, maybe u should get it checked out..... :)

jmabbott
08-26-2003, 10:00 AM
The bearing in the distributor on my 93 Accord wore out too. The dealer wouldn't sell me a new one - it was "recalled" for early distributor bearing failure and they replaced it for free. Maybe that applies to the 92 year models also. :smile:

92lx
08-27-2003, 04:59 PM
that and the main relay.

Add your comment to this topic!