Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Audi = crap

mk4_turbo
08-14-2003, 01:25 PM
I sold my beloved GTi 1.8T in January and decided to buy a luxury sedan.
I checked the BMW 330i, Volvo S40 T4 and the Audi A4

Here in Guatemala you don't see too many A4's, so I decided to buy it.

After only 6 months of owning the car, I've had these problems:

- 1 month: seatbelt at the was loose and making a lot of noise
- 2 months: front left engine of seat broken
- 3 months: front left speaker broken
- 4 months: front right engine of seat broken, too
- 6 months: front left window making a lot of noise - maybe also going to fail !

Audi is doing as much as they can to be at the same level of MB and BMW, but they are years of light behind.

All these parts are going to be replaced under warranty, but I really tell you this:

DON'T BUY AN AUDI -- THEY STILL HAVE A LOT OF SERIOUS QUALITY ISSUES TO SOLVE

THE CAR IS CRAP; don't be a fool like myself and invest well your hard earned money.

I hope I do not offend anyone, but Audi is really crap

BLU CIVIC
08-14-2003, 01:39 PM
so why is this in the Audi S40 forum:confused:

Audi Ryder
09-09-2003, 02:17 AM
I don't know how they make Audis in Guatemala, but here in N.America Audis ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST CARS ON PLANET EARTH. If you don't know the story of how and why Audi came about, then you will never truly understand the meaning behind the brand, and therefore you have no business even behind the wheel of the greatest technologically engineered car. AND FOR THE RECORD, IF AUDI IS CRAP, BY DEFINITION SO IS PORSCHE AND VW...If I were an Audi, I'd probably treat you like crap too...Audis are LIVING AND BREATHING HIGHLY TUNED MACHINES...THAT NEED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF BY ENLIGHTENED PERSONS who know about the essence and history of the brand. I'm tired of seeing your posts about Audi=Crap. Go to Audiworld.com and say that on any forum and see what the Audi Owners there say. :nono: :loser:

Audi Ryder
09-09-2003, 02:24 AM
:uhoh: Oh yeah, VW OWNS AUDI. You obviously didn't know that...If you did, then you'd know that if you own a VW, YOU ARE DRIVING AN AUDI (Engineers of the same company share technology). so, if indeed AUDI=CRAP, VW=CRAP AND PORSCHE=CRAP. LEARN THAT, and never insult the Brand that you drive. :loser: :screwy:

John L Boykin, II
Founder and Chief Eng.
Boykin Racing International
1988 Audi 80 Turbo Quattro
1996 Audi S6 12v Biturbo

And these 2 Audis never gave me a problem. :smokin:

jagger
01-28-2004, 10:49 PM
I'll have to say that I support mk4_turbo. I bought the same car and in less than 3 years, I have had to :

- Change 3 times the horn.
- Problems with windows, doorlocks
- A/C
- Steering
- Replace the linen of the roof
- Not to mention axel problems
- Etc..

It has a great look an feel, also a very sturdy build. But never the less they come from the same chicken (VW, AUDI, Etc) and share the same technology. WELL !!! Somebody must really don't understand the basic on comunication when sharing data.

P.S. My brother has too a A4 and the same thing.

Add your comment to this topic!