Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ferrari 365 GTB/4 (Daytona) - unusual request

bjolletts
08-14-2003, 12:12 PM
Hi all ! I've just discovered this great forum, loads of talented modellers here ... true craftsmen indeed :biggrin:

Im kind of a car modeller too .. difference is that I do them in 3d :)

The biggest problem with this is that its really hard to find good reference material ... when you spend about 40-60 hours on a model you really want them to be well proportioned and have the right scale etc ...

So the best resource for the 3d modeller is scanned images from car manuals since they often have a side, front, top, back-view drawings in them ... or or scale model kits manuals since they have the same views (often for decal placement etc.)

So .. what Im getting at is this ... I've been wanting to make a modell of a Ferrari 365 GTB (the Daytona) for a long, long time .. but never found any good "blueprints".

Might anyone here at this forum have modelled the Daytona and still have an assembly manual with a 4 view drawing ??? and would that person mind scanning/photo them for me to use ??

Best regard and thanks in advance !

/ Dan

PS.

here's what my latest 3d modell looks like ... the Ferrari 288 GTO

http://w1.195.telia.com/~u19507506/3d/gto_05.jpg

T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo
08-14-2003, 12:38 PM
I don't have any Daytona pics but that GTO is awesome!!!

Ferrari TR
08-14-2003, 01:25 PM
Very nice!
I can prob. help, but not till early next week...sorry.
In the meantime you might check E-bay motors. Daytona's show up there from time to time and are often offered with a bunch of pix.
:tongue:

pettercardoso
08-14-2003, 02:01 PM
Hei, that GTO is absolutely awsome!! What software do you use for that? A design-specific kind? I use Dassault Systemes' CATIA for my 3D modelling, but it is much more technical...:D
Do you model every part of it, or just the "contour" ? (please excuse my english...)

bjolletts
08-15-2003, 09:04 AM
@T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo - glad you like it :smile:

@Ferrari TR - Would be great, dont mind waiting .. have waited soo long anyway to find blueprints. Thanks for the ebay tip too .. havent thought about looking there before ...

@pettercardoso - I work with design visulization in 3dsmax so I have made the GTO with 3dsmax too ... have only modelled the "shell" so to speak ... no engine, chassis, suspension etc. But I have done an interior. Only done as much as needed :rolleyes:

EMAXX
08-15-2003, 09:12 AM
WOW!! That GTO is awesome. I might be able to help. I'll try and find some pics for you.:)

bjolletts
08-16-2003, 05:53 AM
Glad you like it EMAXX :) Any help is greatly appreciated :iceslolan

mel79
08-16-2003, 06:05 AM
I have instructions of Fujimi GTB Daytona and they have 4 view drawings of the car. I'll see if I can get them scanned on monday (I don't own a scanner but I know someone who does).

And that GTO is outstanding :cool: What programs do you use in 3d modeling?

-Mikko

bjolletts
08-17-2003, 05:45 AM
I have instructions of Fujimi GTB Daytona and they have 4 view drawings of the car. I'll see if I can get them scanned on monday (I don't own a scanner but I know someone who does).

And that GTO is outstanding :cool: What programs do you use in 3d modeling?

-Mikko

That would be awesome, I'd be very grateful !

I use 3dsmax5 for the 3d modelling.

Checked out your gallery btw ... excellent choise of cars :cool: got two of my all time favorites, the 288 GTO and Lancia 037 Rally .. the detail on the Lancia is incredible !

Big thanks !

/ Dan

mel79
08-18-2003, 06:21 AM
I scanned the Daytona drawings, you can copy it from http://koti.mbnet.fi/~mel/temp/daytona.JPG . It's around 350kb so I couldn't upload it here without packing and I thought you'd like to have it in good quality. Save it to your computer because I can't promise how long it will be in that folder (I may have to delete it if I run out of webspace). Please remember to show the result once you've modeled it in 3d :biggrin:

I saw a Japanese page some time ago with a really nice rendered Daytona Spider, but unfortunately I can't remember the link. There was a 037, De Tomaso Pantera and a F40 too so maybe you can find it with Google if you're interested.

If you need any other drawings I have quite many instructions from European sportscars (Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche) and rallycars (old and new).

-Mikko

bjolletts
08-18-2003, 06:42 AM
wow ... the quality of the Daytona blueprint is awesome ! real big thanks for this favor Mikko ! Im happy as a child on christmas :biggrin:

(I have downloaded it now so you can delete it if you need the space)

I think I know the website you are referring to, isnt it http://www.dokidoki.ne.jp/home2/gto2/ ??

I remember looking there when I modelled my version of the 037 Rally.

This great community sure is a gold mine for blueprint hunting, so happy that I found it ... getting an urge to do some scale models too .. did some when I was younger but I was allways in a hurry to get them done so they never turned out any good. Maybe I should give it a go again :p

Thanks again, I'll be sure to show the final result !

/ Dan

Add your comment to this topic!