Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

First car.. help out

x0Cypher
08-14-2003, 02:51 AM
I won't actually be getting my 1st car for a decent chunk of time, but I'd really appreciated some opinions/suggestions. At the moment, I'm looking at:

99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
(not sure what year) Subaru Impreza WRX

I'm just afraid of getting one of these cars and crashing it due to my inexperience with driving. My first pick would be the Impreza, but I'd be getting the Eclipse so I don't get too attached just in case :P. I'd like any opinions on getting one over the other.. cost, insurance, performance, safety, convenience..

I was originally looking at a VW Corrado, but I think I've been discouraged far to much to consider that car. If I did get the Corrado, though, I'd put one of the last two body kits on it from this website..

http://www.amimotorsports.com/riegercorrado.htm

I love the bottom kit. I prefer boxish cars over anything rounded over.. The Eclipse doesn't do too much for me look wise. I'm looking for a car that has some power behind it, look decent (when I look at cars on the road, every car seems so generic/boring/plain) and has AWD.. I'd say my spending range is about 15K, maybe a -little- bit above that. If anybody could suggest some wonder cars for me, it'd be muchos appreciated. TY :biggrin:

ThaLegend
08-14-2003, 03:11 AM
your inexperience will prove unworthy to own such cars as a GSX, or WRX. Just my opinion... Especially since you seem to just be going for looks since you mention nothing but body kits in your post... :pimp:

x0Cypher
08-14-2003, 11:39 AM
Not quite... I want AWD no matter what. The GSX and the WRX are both AWD, and they both seem to have decent performance otherwise.. If I was 100% on looks, the Eclipse doesn't really do very much for me, and the WRX isn't too far ahead of me. The Corrado was just a small time dream, I heard it had great handling and I fell in love with that kit.

so, continuing..

ellin
08-17-2003, 05:20 AM
Well if you are inexperianced (sounds like you are, cuz your talking about crashing) why not get a cheap 1987- 1991 corolla. Unless you are extreamly poor at driving, you wont be able to crash this. And If you find a cheap corolla, why not buy the WRX as well? I mean, I dont see why u would get a WRX, if you cant drive.

psychoshawn
09-18-2003, 03:54 PM
I also need help in this area i have not got my license yet but i figure it doesnt hurt to look early because you never know what kind of deal you can find. I want a car under or around 5000 average price(so ill look for it around(4000) . I want it to have decent horsepower with all wheel or rear wheel drive. any suggestions to a car that fits that description would be helpful.

Add your comment to this topic!