Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Thinking of going 'All Japanese'!

Guiddy
11-28-2001, 04:25 PM
In clearing out and selling some of my unbuilt kits, I keep feeling I should try to build just a Japanese car collection! That way I can control how many kits I buy!
Just wondering if it will bug me though and I'll have hankerings for other models!
I feel it particularly hard to stay away from Ferrari and Porsche, or some of the Touring cars!

What do you think guys? Unpractical, or is it a really cool idea for a collection and I should stick with it!

JE123
11-28-2001, 04:55 PM
I don't know if I could give up my Ferrari's and Porsche's.

Jay!
11-28-2001, 05:08 PM
Why limit yourself? :D Build what you like...

Your problem is too many unbuilt kits stacking up. You need to make yourself a rule that you can only have so many in boxes, and you can't buy more until you finish one or sell one off. :p

And do you mean only Japanese cars or Japanese kits? I totally understand if it's kits :lol2:

primera man
11-28-2001, 05:20 PM
I think you should build just what you want and like at the time.

As you can tell from mine, i build mostly what i like at the time and they all give me satisfaction of seeing them finished.

I think its nice to have different types of cars(road/race/drag etc) to display your many talents of modelling.

G-Forces
11-28-2001, 05:26 PM
Build what you like. I want to get an early 70's Mustang to kind of remind me of my 72 stang that I had in highschool. I'll probably try and find a Mach 1 somewhere. It will look totally out of place in my collection but I don't care. :D

primera man
11-28-2001, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by G-Forces
Build what you like. I want to get an early 70's Mustang to kind of remind me of my 72 stang that I had in highschool. I'll probably try and find a Mach 1 somewhere. It will look totally out of place in my collection but I don't care. :D

Like this ???

G-Forces
11-28-2001, 06:02 PM
No more like this...
http://www.hlj.com/images/ari/ari31032box.gif

But that, what '69?, is awesome!! What kit is that?

awaken1973
11-28-2001, 11:32 PM
Damn there is too many japanese cars :D
Are you going to buy separate apartment for your collection? ;)

primera man
11-29-2001, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by G-Forces
No more like this...
http://www.hlj.com/images/ari/ari31032box.gif

But that, what '69?, is awesome!! What kit is that?

1970 302 BOSS MUSTANG by Revell

LauBak
11-29-2001, 11:51 AM
Good idea,Guiddy!
---only if you give all your Ferrari and Porsche to me :p

Guiddy
11-29-2001, 11:59 AM
To be honest guys, I think I am going to do it!

Jay's idea of only allowing myself kits when I finish others will never work! I have to actually limit the kits I buy!
making them the good Japanese cars, both road and race, seems a good way of doing that!

So I will put my non japanese cars on ebay, though I can let you guys know what is going, and can sort something out if you are interested!

LauBak
11-29-2001, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Guiddy
To be honest guys, I think I am going to do it!

I had try similar things before, and that made me regret!

I stopped myself buying particular types of cars, and later I found I really like them--but I can't buy them again as they were already OOP.

Building model should be free, why limiting yourself? I can build a green Ferrari too!

G-Forces
11-29-2001, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by LauBak
I can build a green Ferrari too!
Yeah, YOU can and it would still be awesome! :D

ales
11-29-2001, 01:35 PM

So I will put my non japanese cars on ebay, though I can let you guys know what is going, and can sort something out if you are interested!

I'm interested!

And what's your ebay username?

primera man
11-29-2001, 01:48 PM

I hope we get first picks before you put them on ebay !!!

Guiddy
11-29-2001, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by primera man

I hope we get first picks before you put them on ebay !!!

I am sure we can sort something out!

Look for 'dguiddy' on ebay UK!

Add your comment to this topic!