Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trouble Starting After...

DesiJae
08-13-2003, 09:40 PM
My 1990 Accord will not start after sitting all day(on some days) and somtimes for only 5 minutes. We replaced the fuel filter and the battery is new. It's an auto also. After 3 minutes of off/on cranking if will fire to a sputter than go clean. Any ideas.

accordztech
08-14-2003, 12:53 AM
would the car be in teh sun?

listen to this...act like ur turnning on ur car...listen for that click when the check engine light turns off...do u hear any thing? if not then its ur main relay...

update me man.

y2knowledge
08-14-2003, 09:50 AM
I've had the same problem too. It may have something to do with your battery. The water may be low perhaps...

DesiJae
08-14-2003, 11:08 AM
I'l check for the click sound when she gets home with the car this afternoon. She does park in the sun all day too. The battery is new and it turns over strong. Thanks guys.
Update, I just got off the phone with her and she went out to the car on lunch break and she did hear a click sound when the check engine light went off so..

accordztech
08-14-2003, 02:34 PM
if the click goes on, and it starts thats good...but no click = no start most of the time.

when she heard the click, did it start?

DesiJae
08-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Yeah, it started. When she went to leave it did sputter for a second then it was fine.

Add your comment to this topic!