Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Bonneville auto a/c problem Vent is stuck on defrost

Nice57
08-13-2003, 09:30 AM
Just wondering if anybody has any idea what is going on here. This is an ssei model with the automatic a/c and I can't get the manual control of the vents to work. The fan works fine right through high to low ranges but the air will only flow through the defrost vents. If I change the temperature setting it will show that the air is coming through the dash vents but it still flows to the defrost and only partially changes to venting to the foot wells. There is no way to get the air to the dash vents.

Anybody had anything similar to this happen and if so do you have an idea of what it is? Let me know.
Thanks guys.

Flatrater
08-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Most likely you have a loss of vaccum to your HVAC actuators.. The car is built if you lose vaccum the car will default to defrosters and windshield vents.

Nice57
08-14-2003, 09:08 AM
Thanks Bud. I have it booked in this morning and I'll let you know if that's what the problem is. They were thinking the same thing as you. Another dealer told me it was probably the hvac system head???? If it was that he said it would be big bucks to fix. Hopefully just a vacume leak.

Nice57
08-14-2003, 11:29 AM
Hey Flatreader.

Bang on with your diag. It was a vacuum line to the hvac system somewhere. They got it fixed up. Thanks bud.

bridget36907
08-28-2003, 11:04 AM
I had the same problem with my 94 bonnie it was a vacum hose..it is under the hood near the break booster..look really close there are two there...one if not both are probably disconnected...hook them up and give it a few seconds to prime

email me if you have more questions bridget36907@yahoo.com

later

jasco
07-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Sorry for opening up an old thread, but this is the exact same problem that I am having with my '92 Bonneville.

I can not seem to find the the vacuum hoses that are most likely disconnected, and I am not sure what/where the break booster is (used in the last post to show where the hoses are). If someone could help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

randman1
07-09-2004, 09:29 PM
http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/randman1/1993SSEi/DSC00774_edit.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!