Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What happened to hobbysearch?

DSM-Mark
08-12-2003, 03:58 PM
can somebody click on this link (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/) and tell me what they see? If you know japanese, can you tell me what it says? Is it just a "Cannot find server" message, or something worse?

malsheem
08-12-2003, 04:03 PM
I don't know Japanese, but the new Blaster worm is hitting a lot of places on the net, so I'm guess Hobby Search was affected. Many sites I've been to this morning were down, but now some are back up. Just try again a bit later.

ZoomZoomMX-5
08-12-2003, 04:03 PM
I think it's the "cannot find server" deal.

Japan is on holiday, you probably won't get any luck doing business w/Japanese companies until Aug. 18th.

Here's what Hobbylink says:

"This week marks the celebration of 'o-Bon', a Japanese holiday during which people travel to their family homes to honor their deceased relatives. Our distributors and shippers are closed, so our staff will also be away from the office from August 13 until August 17 inclusive. Feel free to place orders as usual during this time, but you will not receive email order confirmations or replies to your emailed inquiries until operations return to normal on the morning of August 18! Thanks for your understanding."

DSM-Mark
08-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by ZoomZoomMX-5
I think it's the "cannot find server" deal.

Japan is on holiday, you probably won't get any luck doing business w/Japanese companies until Aug. 18th.

Here's what Hobbylink says:

"This week marks the celebration of 'o-Bon', a Japanese holiday during which people travel to their family homes to honor their deceased relatives. Our distributors and shippers are closed, so our staff will also be away from the office from August 13 until August 17 inclusive. Feel free to place orders as usual during this time, but you will not receive email order confirmations or replies to your emailed inquiries until operations return to normal on the morning of August 18! Thanks for your understanding."

It's like Christmas in Japan :icon16:

Add your comment to this topic!