yugo ques?

CHaserTourv
08-12-2003, 12:02 AM
didnt yugo make a 3 wheeled car? cuz if they did, then those rule, itd b so awesome 2 do a wheely in it, like the buzz of their engine, werent they named after the country yugoslavia?

2strokebloke
08-12-2003, 12:18 AM
Yugo is a Brand - Zastava is the company. Zastava never made a three-wheeled car or truck to the best of my knowledge. But they did build under liscense the FIAT 600, a small, rear engined, suicide-doored, job until 1980.
And the Yugo was named after Yugoslavia, where Zastava builds their cars and guns.

Porsche
08-12-2003, 01:35 AM
I thought it was a British firm that manufactured the 3-wheel machine in some Mr. Bean skits. I know they ceased production a few years ago, but were known for the 3-wheeled machine.

Hudson
08-12-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Porsche
I thought it was a British firm that manufactured the 3-wheel machine in some Mr. Bean skits. I know they ceased production a few years ago, but were known for the 3-wheeled machine.

Although I'm not much into Bean, you're probably referring to the Reliant Robin. It has one wheel up front and two in the rear and was manuafactured in England for years.

2strokebloke
08-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Reliant and Bond were the two most important three-wheeled car manufacturers in Britain (if you don't count Morgan, which stoped making tri-cars around 1950) Reliant also made 4-wheeled cars. And who could possibly forget, the "amazing" Bond Bug?

Japmetal
08-12-2003, 01:04 PM
I dont know how much you guys know about the Reliant Robin [altho Prosche is right with what he said] BUT if you take the kind of image the Yugo has in the US, remove all last vestiges of dignity & respect and add a whole lot more laughing and snide comments, you're about where the 'Plastic Pig' is today.

2strokebloke
08-12-2003, 01:31 PM
I guess you're right - few people burst out into uncontrolable laughter at the sight of a Yugo, but even fewer could control themselves at the sight of a Reliant Robin!

Wieger
02-06-2005, 09:05 AM
speaking about cars with three wheels
a car from the country where smoking dope is legal
a dutch car... the Vandenbrink Carver
Jeremy clakson presenter of Top Gear said that this car offered the most fun ever in a car
they're not cheap, they cost around 26.000 pounds that's something like 60.000 dollars I guess
http://www.motobykz.co.uk/Carver/CARVER-leaning.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!