Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help on sound!

johnnyboy5
08-11-2003, 11:28 AM
Hey guys wazzap!
I just got a Pioneer Stereo System, CD player,from my cousin yesterday and i barely installed it. It works great, but, i wasn't able to find the wire for the antenna/or radio reciver and when i play my cd's if i crank up the music i here some static on the bass. Do i need new speakers or what? Any advice would really help.

Next move:
Two 9x5 rear speaker
1000 watt amp (already got the subs)
any advice appreciated:bigthumb:

buymeabmwm3
08-11-2003, 01:28 PM
How are you running your bass? Do you use the subwoofer pre-outs on the head unit, i.e. RCA cable to the amp and then wired to the subs? or is this just bass out of the stock speaker setup?

johnnyboy5
08-11-2003, 01:31 PM
when my, other, cousin gave me the car it already came with subs but no amp. He blew out the rear speakers. So the only speakers working now, i think, are the front stock speakers. I think its the bass out of the stock speakers.

k67p67
08-12-2003, 09:28 AM
So let me get this straight...you're running 18 year old stock speakers off your head unit and you're wondering why it sounds like crap... Hmmm, if I had to speculate, I would say it's because "you're running 18 year old stock speakers off your head unit". Have you even looked at the front speakers??? They must be only 4" or maybe 5" and I would be surprised to find out that the surrounds are even intact anymore. Buy new speakers!

buymeabmwm3
08-12-2003, 10:43 AM
:iagree: And how do you have subs if you have no amp? Those subs are just wasting space. Your speakers aren't gonna sound good cause they're way too old, probably not a good brand, underpowered by your head unit, and you run the risk of blowing them out by overdriving them to compensate for the lack of rear speakers. My suggestion, go buy 4 new speakers and you'll fix your distortion prob. Then think about adding an amp to get more volume.

johnnyboy5
08-12-2003, 12:56 PM
thanks for the help:bigthumb:
:disappoin

anyway, i already got the amp all i gotta do is install it but haven't had time to do it yet. And the front speakers are stock, the rear are kenwood which are already blown. Besides i already know the subs arent gonna work w/o the amp. The problem was that the ground wire was touching somethin which made the static. So i went in there and adjusted the wire and now it sounds normal. Im gonna get the speakers today.

Add your comment to this topic!