Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HHEELLPP! just got gt3

turbo2nr
08-11-2003, 08:59 AM
hi all im new to this board!
i just got my ps2 with gt3

ok i started off with the miata.. it sux ass.. im doing the sunday race untill i get enuff$$ to buy a evo5-6. is this a good way to go?

also i got the first 3 licens the i-a licens is hard as hell tho..

so any advice for me? any better cars to start off with other then the evo? btw the r-34 gtr v-spec2 is next after the evo?

also is there any quick way to make $?

and does any one know of a race where i can win nice cars like the mines skylines or tdr supra and cars like that??

thnaks

simdel1
08-11-2003, 09:28 AM
yes, the miata sure does suck ass, thats the car i stated with, then i moved up to the evo. it worked out ok for me, but it does seem rediculously hard to get started with what little money you can win by using the miata or even the stock evo.

advice for the licences?...patience and perseverence, thats all i can tell you really. oh and watch the demo replays very carefully from the in car camera view. look for braking points, apex points, apex speed, acceleration points and general line

one little tip i heard is if you have 2 memory cards, save your game on both cards, then on one of them, buy all the upgrades for the car that you can and save it on that one card. then start the game on the other memory card (the one without the upgrades) and put the card with the upgrades in the other card slot. there is a function in the home where you can trade cars, so sell your non upgraded car, and using the trade function buy the car with the upgrades. this should cost the same as the standard one, so you are getting the upgrades for free....

err, iv probably explained that really badly.

turbo2nr
08-11-2003, 10:54 AM
no no i get you perfectly!

good job thanks for the tip! :bigthumb:

johnnyboy5
08-11-2003, 01:09 PM
or u can just start over depending on the situation.
How much $ do u have?
if its a little bit, then start over with a PT Cruiser or a Toyota Trueno. Those are the best cars to start off with. I started with a beetle and then advanced with the Trueno when i won it in the sunday cup. after that i tried to beat all the beginner series, but then i saved up and bought the Supra with the best turbo kit (stage 4) it cost me a lot but it was worth it. After that i went to the last championship and raced in the super speedway. $10,000 i think. But u have to have over 300hp.

turbo2nr
08-12-2003, 08:23 AM
ok well i bought a wrx sti last night for 31000 i have 3000 left over and a turbo miata:biggrin: i went ahaed and put 7g' into my miata added a turbo stage 1 and intake and exhauset stage 3 and a stage 3 flyweel.. now i have 270hp and i pull the 1\4 mile in low 15's.. not ot bad..

so was buying the sti a good choice? i want the skyline but i couldn't get all that $$..

also what races give you lots of $ or a really good car that isnt that hard for a car with 350+ hp can race in.. plan to get the sti in the 350 range for now..

thanks

johnnyboy5
08-12-2003, 01:13 PM
okay turbodude. Here's what u do. (u probably alreadfy herd this b4)

1)U go on the beginner series first and go to the last championship/cup and go on superspeedway to win money, $10 Gs each race.

2)Fix up ur wrx sti.
a)all upgrades
b)rally tires (very important)

3)get ur rally license

4)go to rally races with ur sti

5)win the championships with golds
by doing this u'll get money and cars for each of the championships you beat and if u pass all the rally with gold u'll get an ESCUDO.

6) Fix up the ESCUDO with everything u got

7)go to options menu and adjust the controls so that pressing right on the right analog stick is the gas.

8)now get a rubber band

9)go to endurance races and enter the super speedway.

10)with the rubber band, tie the left and right analog stick together
this will make the escudo ride the wall during the entire race.

11)leave the game on, wait for about an hour and voila, you won the race with $150,000 and a prize car.

u can keep on doing this for money and every time u win u also get a prize car so u can either sell it if u got doubles or use em. i know its long but i Hope this helped
:bigthumb:

turbo2nr
08-12-2003, 03:27 PM
you rock! :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

hehee thnaks alot!

im definatly gona do this!

thanks again

crxlvr
08-12-2003, 03:34 PM
i started with a lancer evo 7 GS or RS whatver it was, won all the beginner races and the rally events with it.

turbo2nr
08-13-2003, 08:26 AM
i was playing again last night my wrs sti now has 416hp does the 1\4 in high 11's stage 3 intake exhaust, tranny, suspension, and a stage 1 turbo, and the ecu, also got stage 3 clutch n flywheel and carbon drive shaft.. but this car sill sucks!

i still cant run with the big guys? do you think that i should save the 42g's and get the stage 3 turbo which will give me 520hp? or should i just give up on the wrx and get a skyline?

btw does ne1 know a good suspension setup and tranny setup for the wrx sti, i got the fully adjustable tranny and suspension..

thanks

klohiq
08-13-2003, 02:46 PM
An R32 is a good choice or try to get some other car that's fast. With the Skyline the gearbox is pretty decent stock, it isn't upgradeable but it will handle a lot of engine mods and bolt ons before it starts to max out often on the straights. A 1 way or 1.5 way diff is cheaper and seems to handle pretty well.

Tires are a very important and overlooked aspect of GT3 so you should invest in some decent ones...if the race is longer than 2 laps and has tire wear (some early beginner races don't) then you don't want anything softer than medium tires. Let alone the fact that the really soft tires cost a lot, they wear out really fast. The top racing tires (super slicks or something) are the cheapest and usually useful for 10-15 laps (20 if you go easy on them and have a really well balanced car). Tires in the middle usually last 5-8 laps (10+ laps sometimes).

-This is the route I went when I got GT3-
Trueno (200+hp when I was finished modifying it)
Silvia S15 (450+hp)
300ZX (600+hp)
Skyline R33 (700+hp)
a few cars later I won the Camaro Race Car and dominated nearly all the amatuer races I was able to enter :).

worked out pretty well, but I wish I didn't buy the 300ZX so soon...it's not a good car for the price...

turbo2nr
08-13-2003, 03:36 PM
ok so ill buy some tires cause the 5+ lap race kills me , so i know to get racing slicks.. but which 1 there is like 6 choices.. im guessin not to get the soft ones right? so get the hard tires..

also what to do about the sti? stay with it of get a r34??
and i think the sti is to stiff b\c on the super speed way i keep hittin the wall at 140. it pisses me off! how should i adjust the suspension?

any sugustions.
thnaks

klohiq
08-14-2003, 02:25 AM
some where in the middle...maybe 1 softer than the one's in the middle of the screen. If you drive aggressive and are putting them on a car with lots of power (esp if it's front-engine rwd or mid-engine rwd) then get a step or two harder. If you find out it's too soft or hard then do some of the crappy races and buy a step softer.

The suspension may be too stiff. First make sure your tires aren't too hard. Next, my advice is to lower the car (yes this takes away from steering slightly, but makes the car a bit more stable) and then remove some of the sway bar level (bottom two settings on the suspension tab I believe). One last thing to maybe try is turn off both ASC and TCS...you can do this in the options tab where you select manual or auto trans or just turn down their values in the car settings. On most races besides enduros I run without those systems as they make the driving too easy and take the fun out of high HP cars.

If none of my advice helps then maybe a different car would suit you better (or my advice sucks :lol:). Any Skyline GTR is good, I would just avoid the GTS-T (I think...the RWD model of the skyline available in GT3). Could also try getting a Supra for other races as they can get over 1000hp and they still handle great. RX7 is a great little car and the NSX is good if you prefer great handling over huge power (they top out at like ~450hp I think).

Hope this helps

turbo2nr
08-14-2003, 08:15 AM
ok i mess up big time..
i HAD the wrx sti to 561hp with every thing done, from engine to brakes to tires everything.. it pulled 10.911 and i was gettin better.. then i raced on the test coures in benginners leauge and save up forthe R-34 gtr vspec 2 and bought it! so i go to go back into the sti and i went to sell insted:eek: i didnt notice i sold it :mad: :mad: then i saved the game right after that it want till i went into the garage back i found that i sold my 10sec STi:mad:
i was so pissseddd.. no itz like starting over.. but at least i got the skyline..

thanks for all the tips.. i got to do it all over with the skyline.. so far i got stage 3 intake exhaust, intercooler, and clutch.. i pull 12.6 on the 1\4 not to bad but still gots lotz mot to do..

and good advice for tuning the r-34? wats good to do first.. suspension?tranny? engine?
i think the next step is gona be suspension....

thanks

johnnyboy5
08-14-2003, 11:48 AM
I know how you feel man, it really sux. Except that my brother sold like 20 of my cars and saved it. I didnt know until i was racing vs my friends and i noticed i had cars missing. But it was no biggy. I just bought some new ones.
Anyways thats still good u got the r34 skyline vspec2. That car is one of the best stock cars ive got. After days of fine tuning i finally maneaged to make it a beast. Its so awesome! I can beat almost any other normal/stock car including some of the lm's. I'll give u the tuning specs as soon as i get home, im at work right now. But dont wait for me u should try tuning it up on ur own to get experience on how to do that sort of stuff.

r34:skyline
1/4: ~9 sec.
max speed: 212 mph
Won it after beating the jap championship(ithink)
Color: Midnight purple or somethin. Love it x 2:tongue:

turbo2nr
08-14-2003, 12:12 PM
Cool :bigthumb: thanks in advance

yea i wont wait..ill start tunning but thats when i get home im also at work:icon16:

mine is the nice silver with some bronz volk te-37's (6 spoke)

i think im gona go race and save up for suspension b\c it really hepled my with the sti.. then some more engine mods(stage 1 turbo).. then tranny.. then the stage 4 turbo:iceslolan
i want to buy a rx-7 rz but im torne between that and the supra.. any sugusestions.. i know the supra makes way more hp but i think the rx-7 will out handel the supra in gt3 plus i have bad experiences wid supras in video games(gt2)...

johnnyboy5
08-14-2003, 01:01 PM
oh i forgot to mention that my car is equipped with all the best parts. So if i give ut the specs u might want to save them to the mem card then tune it urself according to the performance of ur car.
But yeah fully upgrade ur car.

RX-7 RS and RZ are pretty much the same thing. They do outhandle the supra with less hp. There still very good. But if ur gonna get the supra het the RZ, NOT THE RS!!!!!! RS SUCKS!!!! If u get the Supra RZ it will give more hp (1000hp) and get u better times. Its not that good on accel. but it makes it up for max speed. Both cars can be tuned up to be 10 sec cars

turbo2nr
08-14-2003, 01:19 PM
:bigthumb: cool ill save the specs! thanks

i think im goin with the rx-7 for now after the skyline is done of course!

what is a good race to win a nice car in? like any mine's car?

thanks again

simdel1
08-18-2003, 11:32 AM
i remember a little trick that i did once i got a decent car (a lancer i think, with about 400hp)

i did the super speedway enduro...seriously....and won.

you see, i never bothered pitting, so every 10 laps i would lose like three quarters of a lap on the leaders because my car was so slow,but then when they pitted, i gained like a whole lap... it carried on like this untill i won...i got lots of money and a fast car :evillol:

Add your comment to this topic!