Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

civic PW motor in accord?

94tegRS
08-11-2003, 02:56 AM
ok, I knwo that honda uses the same window motor/regulator setup in the hatch as it does the sedan even with the shorter door/window on the sedan, and the doors have the holes cut for both, and usually if it could be used opn other models the other model has the holes for it already.

the accord I just bought, the passenger side fron window rolls up/down slowly and I have a parts civic that im about to have town away and I was wondering if I could take the good PW motor out of the civic and put it in the accord, or is there something I can do like just lubing the tracks?

darkaccord
08-11-2003, 09:49 AM
I think theres a DIY somewhere on how to lube the tracks. I think thats your best bet. A ton of Honda's have slow windows (mine including, sometimes it will just stop). I'll see if I can find the DIY for you.

94tegRS
08-11-2003, 02:37 PM
you mean every oince in a while its going slow and then stops in the miuddle and works later or sooner or later it will stop for good. in my 84 chevy P/U the driovers goes only if you do it by hand but you can hear the motor try, but on the pass side it goes slow and gets stuck all the time, I just gotta floor it and try it again, i think every old trucks windows suck.

darkaccord
08-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Yeah, it always works eventually. I just get fed up with it usually, and "help" it go up.

Add your comment to this topic!