Page updated on 11-19-2017

Where to buy a yugo and how much are they?

ccc880
08-10-2003, 10:34 PM
Hey. I am looking for an extremely cheap car to just play around with. Where can I get a Yugo and how expensive are they? They look like a fun little car to play around with a little.

2strokebloke
08-10-2003, 11:18 PM
check on ebay, they show up every now and then for reasonable prices - I just picked up a non-runner for $50 off of ebay about a month ago, but they show up in running condition every now and then for several hundred $$$.
Or find one of the email groups on yahoo groups, as there are several, and sometimes somebody has a car for sale.

Doug Rodrigues
05-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Hey. I am looking for an extremely cheap car to just play around with. Where can I get a Yugo and how expensive are they? They look like a fun little car to play around with a little.

** Buy a YUGO?? You'd have to buy at least three: One to drive, and the other two to keep for spare parts! Also, you wouldn't want to have an engine failure on the freeway with a Tractor/Trailer following closely behind you.

Samw
09-11-2004, 06:21 PM
A Yugo is really a license built Fiat 124 manufactured in a Communist Block country.
Don't believe me? Then why are Fiat and Yugo parts interchangable?

2strokebloke
09-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Actually a Yugo is not a liscense built FIAT. Although Zastava had been building cars under liscense from FIAT since the 1950's - the Yugo was their own design, however it did feature the FIAT 128 engine. Parts are not too hard to find for them, and so long as you keep them maintained properly they are as reliable (if not more so) than any other car.

Doug Rodrigues
09-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Interesting.....I didn't know that. Maybe the Communists copied the Fiat, just like they once claimed that the DC-3 was their design. They also copied the B-29 too!

garync1
12-01-2004, 06:44 PM
yugos were sent to the us in too parts first the body the other the fiat engine and tranny assembly they were sent to the dealers that way and the machanics put them together. At least thats what they did here years ago.Really!!!

Freight_train
06-19-2005, 03:34 PM
You can get lucky like I did.Saw an ad in the local paper.I will quote the ad,"Yugo Car,$75 ###-####".Well,I called,he said it ran had a title,but has clutch problems.I went and looked at it,fire it up by dumping some brown fuel down the carb and it ran great for a second.well,I looked around and counted 4 others.He made me a deal.$300 for 5 yugos.3 GVs,1 GVL and 1 GVX(last 2 still have original aluminums and the x full body kit).He said 4 ran when he parked them,3 have titles(but I gotta go back since in the wad of papers I got with them I only found 2 titles and an aplication for lost title on the GV I started(also found the original window sticker!!!).

Add your comment to this topic!