91 tracker has miss when acclerating

versatech
08-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Have a 1991 Geo Tracker who surges after engine reaches operating temperature. I had no problem before a hose going to the tbi broke and leaked antifreeze. Repaced the 10 inch long hose, distributor cap rotor wires and plugs....Same old same old Haven't used the car in a year so sad. Also the distributor cap was arching at the base a little Couldn't get the correct insulator from chevrolet, so I seal it with black silicone....Still misses, but only under acceleration, not idling.....Thanks folks

:confused: :spit: :icesangel
dyanne

versatech
12-06-2003, 10:22 AM
SUCESS :rofl:
I finally got my sweet Tracker healthy. It was the the Throttle position sensor. The pinouts on the haynes manual were labeled wrong. Found out when I checked resistance on high throttle. Couldn't adjust within range on ohms to 2k-6.5k at full throttle at idle the spec was .3 to 2k ohm Hope this helps any one with engine miss.

brit_gal
07-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Hey, I have a 91 tracker that misses too. I removed distributor cap wires and plugs and replaced according to the manual but its not working at all now. Where is the manual wrong? help help help!

Add your comment to this topic!