13b in a miata

Myrrdex
08-09-2003, 03:49 AM
hey i saw a miata for sale right next to a rx-7 and the price diference was drastic. i was thinking what would be the chances that a 13b motor would fit in a miata and would it be able to sit back closer to the middle like the rx-7.... or is this just a stupid idea and no one will ever do it because it is just a better idea to spend more cash on an rx-7 body and just save up... :frown:

Entreri33
08-09-2003, 04:00 PM
Its been done before but i think its kinda a pain. COntact the guys are rx7.com i think they have done it or know where to get the information. Rocky is a wealth of info.

dayna240sx
08-10-2003, 01:19 AM
as much of a rotary nut as I am, you may also want to consider doing an FE3 swap for your Miata.

Who is this rocky guy, I've never heard of him...

Entreri33
08-10-2003, 02:08 AM
Rocky used to work at Rotory Performance www.rx7.com He was there last I knew but that was a few months ago.

I am currently looking for a T2 for myself.

dayna240sx
08-10-2003, 11:16 AM
I've got a bad ass T II i may be selling...

IT needs alittle TLC, but most of the crazy stuff is done.

E-mail me if interested...

Entreri33
08-10-2003, 01:48 PM
If I do go with a T2 then I will be looking for one that was bought by someone going through a midlife crisis new and finally decided to step up to a RX8 or something now. I want one that has been pampered. But for that money I could get a 3rd gen too so I dont really know.

dayna240sx
08-10-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Entreri33
If I do go with a T2 then I will be looking for one that was bought by someone going through a midlife crisis new and finally decided to step up to a RX8 or something now. I want one that has been pampered. But for that money I could get a 3rd gen too so I dont really know.

You obviously dont know a whole lot about rotarys do you? You dont want one that has been "pampered" you want someone that has actually drove the car.

The only thing wrong with my turbo II is that some fuck sideswiped it and it needs a new mirror. Everything else is perfect. And I dont know what your talking about for that money I could get a third gen. For what I'd take for mine, I'd like to see someone get a third gen.

Steel
08-10-2003, 11:16 PM
if you wanna do an engine swap with a miata i would suggest an L serious chevy V8:bigthumb:

Since the miata is piston powered anyway, adding 4 more wont hurt. And people wont yell at you for ruining the premise of the car.

Redrunner
08-11-2003, 12:15 AM
GET THE Miata and drop a v8 in it then you will have fun

Entreri33
08-11-2003, 08:01 AM
I want the pampered one for the straight body and the fact that it spent the last 15 years garaged, and yes I know of a couple like that. So there has to be several more out there. Im not worried about rebuilding the engine thats nothing.

Add your comment to this topic!