Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

odometer help

bckwld03
08-08-2003, 11:27 AM
hey guys hope you can help. my odometer stopped workin and i can't figure out what to fix so i can get it going again. I know its not the vehicle speed sensor cause i put in another one when i was doing the swap. So i'm stuck now. any help is greatly appreciated.

00accord44
08-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Just keep it broke and when your car is like 18 years old, sel it with "98,000" miles on it (or however many you have):bigthumb:

j/k (sorta)

have you done anything in the gauges, like putting in indiglo or somethin? When I put my indiglos in, I thought I had messed up my fuel gauge cuz it would never read full. It only went up to like 3/4 at most no matter how much gas I put in. Turns out, a little tiny piece of plastic was catching the needle as it went up, so it just stayed there.

I said all that to say, check to see if its something very simple before you lose your mind trying to find a technical malfunction.

bckwld03
08-08-2003, 02:49 PM
haha yeh i was thinking of keeping it broken, its been broken for about 20,000 miles now lol. since i got my new motor i want to be able to keep track of the miles for maintenance and such and then all the autoshop places wont get suspicious from my ocometer never changing lol. anyway is it hard to get the guages out or is it like a 15 minute job?

00accord44
08-08-2003, 03:35 PM
I guess it all depends on what youre trying to do. To put my indiglos on, the job was like 2hrs+ cuz of all kinds of electrical insanity that I have no experience with. To just pop the gauge face out, anbout two minutes on my car. A couple screws, some wiggling/jiggling, its out. Your should be about the same.

BTW H22a+94 Accord:boink: :worshippy :ylsuper:

That was my dream (one of the many) when I had my 94. My, how I miss her. R.I.P.:icesangel :frown:

bckwld03
08-08-2003, 10:32 PM
yeh i haven't put indiglo guages in but for some reason the odometer just stopped 1 day. Maybe i'll check it out tomorrow. If i was you i wouldn't be missing the old accord, i mean you got a newer accord . i can't see any negatives about that lol.

Plastic_Fork
08-09-2003, 12:05 AM
The odometer isn't affected by the speedometer cable, is it? My speedometer cable got loose on my '88 and I think (can't remember exactly -- it's been a number of months) that the odometer might've stopped working with it. Problem was just a clip missing to hold the speedometer cable in place on the engine.

I might be wrong though since I'm not very familiar with the 4th gen Accords.

00accord44
08-11-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by bckwld03
If i was you i wouldn't be missing the old accord, i mean you got a newer accord . i can't see any negatives about that lol.

Yeah, There are definitely some pluses to this car over my 94, but my 94 felt so lively and I could toss her around so easy. This car has a lil more bulk to it (which does help steering feel a lil bit). But no complaints about the new girl in the garage:biggrin:

Oh, BTW

Originally Posted By Plastic_Fork
I might be wrong though since I'm not very familiar with the 4th gen Accords.

90-93 was 4th gen. 94-97 was 5th (94,95) and 5.5 (96,97) gen:wink:

bckwld03
08-11-2003, 12:52 PM
ok got the odometer working, i just took it apart and put it back together, but now my gas guage isn't workin lol what a pain.

Add your comment to this topic!