11-27-2001, 04:30 AM
That's what i'm doing right now - painting black inside the window glass
I use masking tape for contouring, then brush it
but anyway paint leaks under tape a little bit and I have to wipe it after this
of course glass doesn't look perfect after wipe

:(

DVSNCYNIKL
11-27-2001, 10:10 AM
I would suggest that instead of using masking tape, use the frosty type scotch tape. It adhere's better to the plastic and you won't have that problem of it running under the tape. I only suggest you use this tape on the glass parts and not the body as it leaves some residue. So just use this technique on the window masking part.:D

Jay!
11-27-2001, 11:22 AM
I try a lot of things... none of them work perfectly.

The best so far is when you have masking templates for it. Tamiya provides them for race cars and some of the newer road cars. Fujimi sorta did in my MR2 kit: they put the templates on the back of the instructions, and I had to photocopy them, and apply them with 2-sided tape. Still better than nothing.

Otherwise, you're screwed. It's really hard using masks with brushes. They just plain leak. :( Airbrushing/spraying is the way to go there. If you can't spray, You can try it free-hand, but it's rediculously hard. Keep something handy to wipe off your mistakes. :( :rolleyes:

Sometimes, when I'm super lazy, I just use a Sharpie permanent marker. If you do this, it's important to use as few strokes as possible, because the pen tip tends to smear the ink around on subsequent passes. At the very least, I always use a marker/pen to touch up something on the model, so why not just use it outright? :p

Guiddy
11-27-2001, 11:53 AM
You can't brush paint windows!:rolleyes:

Get some Tamiya masking tape, and spray a REALLY light coat for your first, covering only 50%. That seals the tape ready for another slightly heavier coat.

Perfect everytime!:D

ales
11-27-2001, 12:02 PM
I tried Dan's method on my 1/43 Pug 206 kit and it worked perfectly!

primera man
11-27-2001, 02:02 PM
If you use the Tamiya tape and spray them you will not get any leaks underneath the tape......trust me !!!

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Add your comment to this topic!