Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Things I dislike about my Tacoma...

Reaper
03-28-2001, 09:42 AM
Just trying to get a few discussions going. Use this one to post things you don't like about your Tacoma...

I really have just one thing I dislike, the over use of plastic. From all the cheap little fasteners to the plastic bumper. Other than that I don't dislike anything about my Tacoma. It is a pretty sweet machine...

I will say this much, at least it isn't as bad a Nissan ;) Talk about over use of plastic !! And ugly to boot...

:bandit:

supersized2001
03-28-2001, 10:42 AM
The steering stup! It sucks! :devil:

Godxzilla
03-28-2001, 01:19 PM
My truck is a little loud on the inside. I do have a flowmaster 40, but it was still noisy when I bought it from the engine compartment. Is there anything that I can do about that?

I do NOT have the hood liner on the inside. why????? does the dealer discriminate against reg cabs????

or is it because I got a basic model.

??

who knows.

Reaper
03-28-2001, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Godxzilla
I do NOT have the hood liner on the inside. why????? does the dealer discriminate against reg cabs????

??

who knows.

Yea I don't have one either. Must be a reg cab 4 cyl thing. As for noise, mine isn't too bad even with the BFG MTs on there...

Anyone got a 4 cyl Xtracab w/o a hood liner ?? I think all the V6's do...

Later...

LilMax
03-28-2001, 01:36 PM
My truck is a little loud on the inside. I do have a flowmaster 40, but it was still noisy when I bought it from the engine compartment. Is there anything that I can do about that?

Hello fellow moderator and TTORA member!

I would say you have 2 options:

1)If it can be put on after you have already gotten the truck, you can get Toyogard put on. That should make it quieter. I rode in a 2001 double cab with Toyo Gard and it was alot quieter inside than my 2000.

2)you can go to a car stereo place and ask them about insulation

Tacoma21
03-28-2001, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by supersized2001
The steering stup! It sucks! :devil:

I definitley have to agree with you there. Not only does the setup suck, but so do some of the pieces. I already have to replace my PS pump. As we all know, this is one of the weak points of the system.

Godxzilla
03-28-2001, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 4x4Dragon

1)If it can be put on after you have already gotten the truck, you can get Toyogard put on. That should make it quieter. I rode in a 2001 double cab with Toyo Gard and it was alot quieter inside than my 2000.

2)you can go to a car stereo place and ask them about insulation

Ill have to check into those both.

Tacoma21
03-28-2001, 02:04 PM

??

who knows.

I think I mentioned this to you before. If you get some Dynamat and cover the back of your cab, it will probably help. If you need some help, let me know.
:D

Later,

Reaper
03-28-2001, 02:09 PM

Hey you stole my truck :flipa: J/K

Nice ride. What kind of setup you running ?? Those 15x8 Rock Crawlers ?? What kind of tires ?? Any lift ??

Later bud...

Reg cabs rule !!!

Godxzilla
03-28-2001, 02:50 PM
Hey you stole my truck

No way dude, thats mine!!!

Seriously, I noticed we were on the same path...you just got there a little quicker!!!

I have a 2.5" spacer and PC AAL, with 31x10.5 MT's.

they are 15x8 rockcrawlers, theyre nice! I ponder DAILY whether I want alloys or these, but Ill stick with these till the money rolls in!

My truck is too new, and leased, so a BL is out of the question for now. However, your setup is JUST what I want (cept some sliders and a locker)

I also have 3.56 gears, so 33's would KILL me.

The road is long...I have plenty of time to get it higher

Reaper
03-28-2001, 03:42 PM

My truck is too new, and leased, so a BL is out of the question for now. However, your setup is JUST what I want (cept some sliders and a locker)

Cool, I guess I could have checked your link :smoker2:

As for the rock sliders and a locker. Both of those are on my list. Actually I hope to get a locker and 4.88 rear gear by the end of April...

You say you have the 3.56 ?? Check the code, B07A is what I have and it is a 4.30 gear. You have a standard 4x4, maybe that is te reason for the difference...

Might want to double check though, at first I thought I had 3.56 gears too, just becasue a few other guys said they did. Seems they changed the gearing in the 2000 model...

Later bud...

supersized2001
03-28-2001, 07:17 PM

My 96 was leased when I was running 35s and 7" of lift.
It also was a my company vehicle (at least thats what it was originaly bougt for) I also used it in Tug-of-war competiotions. I just eneded up buying it at the end of the lease. I would agree about the gears. That combo would suck.:flash:

Desert Dog
03-28-2001, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Tacoma21

I definitley have to agree with you there. Not only does the setup suck, but so do some of the pieces. I already have to replace my PS pump. As we all know, this is one of the weak points of the system.

I know what you mean I just replaced my PS pump about a month ago!:(

Tacoma21
03-28-2001, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Desert Dog

I know what you mean I just replaced my PS pump about a month ago!:(

Mine has been whining for about 2 months now. I am hoping it will last till the weather gets better so I can change it out. :D

DogDenII
03-29-2001, 07:06 AM
I don't like the fact that my x-fer case is chain driven. I can not possibly believe that this was the outcome of some extensive marketing research.

SUPER - is the 2001 gear driven?

Late:alien: :alien:

supersized2001
03-29-2001, 10:16 AM
I'm not to sure, I still need to check that out and see if it is or not.

DogDenII
03-29-2001, 10:36 AM
I'm not to sure, I still need to check that out and see if it is or not.

SLACKER.....what are you waiting for? LOL:alien2:

supersized2001
03-29-2001, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by DogDenII

SLACKER.....what are you waiting for? LOL:alien2:

Actually I just got done working about 20 hours straight. It's almost 12 here and I need to get up at 6am. To bad I had to get my fix today and check this board. ;)

Reaper
03-30-2001, 02:13 PM

Actually I just got done working about 20 hours straight. It's almost 12 here and I need to get up at 6am. To bad I had to get my fix today and check this board. ;)

Yea just waht we need, another board to occupy our time :D LOL

Luckily I run automated testing software so I get to surf the web a good 7 out of 8 hours in a day ;)

S Brake
08-18-2001, 01:24 PM
I just don't like how underpowered my 4 cyl. is. but i can still chirp the tires whenever i want to.

my_tacoma_rules
12-07-2001, 08:11 PM
have any of yall thought of droppinyour tacos?i would rather go kill a z28 in a street race than go rock climbin or sumptin.

§©RÉWßã£
12-10-2001, 09:59 PM
Whatever DUDE!...LOL. You have fun. Just dont get in my trucks way, I might not see you down there scraping up the reflectors. I don't know if I'll feel ya under my tires....LOL..WERD!:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:
http://www.syssupplies.com/ttora/upledge.jpg http://www.syssupplies.com/Pc090011.jpg

S Brake
12-18-2001, 10:50 PM
i've never thought about dropping my truck but i do like going fast more than off roading. thats why i'm considering a subaru WRX.

Chammy
03-01-2003, 11:59 PM
:bandit: Well here's a few things I dislike. 1. I'm afraid to add 31 x 10 Dunlops for fear I'll lose power. 2. Its a 4 cyl and don't know how to make it more powerfull. 3. Its black and I have sratches on there that look like a cat attacked it,not to mention the swirls from washing it. 4. I wish I could switch it to 2wd with that differential lock but NOOOO,Toyota had to make a 4 cyl with no P traction. 5. It bounces too much cause of the hard stock shocks on it. But other than that,she's been good to me going on 65,000 mils over 3 years I havent had to replace anything yet,(knock on wood) except for the battery.I was pecially inpressed I was able to drive out of Ocotillio 's Superstion Hills area at night during the New Years Race.I got lost from the main drag to Highway 80 and had to cross over a s*** load of hills and soft poulder and rocks while having to dodge the ATV rats out here so I think i am content with my PreRunner.I just wish she was 4wd,or at least 6 cyl.*snif*:frog:

Add your comment to this topic!