Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

:confused:making up my mind

carguyinok
08-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Here I go. I need alittle help with making up my mind.

After a good run of 268,XXX miles. Yes a 1/4 of a mill in miles
My 91 Subaru legacy is going down hill fast. ( on a good note the rear end in the subaru is the 4:11 that will fit a Z )So now I need a everyday driver. I am unsure of what I want. So why not post a list of wants and needs from a car and see what others think I should test drive.

Miles. I drive ALOT not city roads but country roads. Far more dirt roads then most. Tons of hills and turns with alot of stoping and starting on large hills. I live within the Ozark mountain range OK

With the hills in mind I NEED power as in HP. Get up and go is a must. The roads around here are fast to say the least. With all the hills and speed limits 65 MPH country and 75 MPH interstate power is a MUST. Pulling out on a 65MPH blind hill with alot of 18 wheelers running 70+ is done every day. Yes there are tons of bad wrecks around here

Space. I dont need tons of room. I would enjoy a 2 door sport style car but not needed. 4 doors are fine for me aswell. Makes it easy for the back seat and keeps the insurance down so.

Tough I also live on route 66. Yes the real live Route 66 from the movies and songs from the 50s & 60s. Anyway the 50s & 60s are about the same years they did any work on it along with most of the other roads out here. Dont get me started on the dirt roads. Trust me there BAD rough with lots of large rocks and good size holes.

#5 Money I am looking to spend at the top side $5000. I just dont know what to look at I have even been thinking truck but then I would loose the fun of the roads so.....
Anyone ???? Thank You.

YogsVR4
08-08-2003, 07:16 AM
5K can put you in a 94-95 Integra GS-R which should have the get up and go you're looking for.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

Jm93
08-08-2003, 09:16 PM
no offence, but with what you have said, i think an integra wouldnt last to long. driving on rough roads, most all country and whatnot. I would suggest a 1/4 ton. i mean, if you are deadset on a car, im not sure. i dont think many cars will put up wiht all that abuse. i definetley suggest a little 1/4 ton truck. you can mod one out, maybe a mazda or something. and they will run alot better on gravel and dirt roads then a car, and can take teh abuse

SilverLotus340R
08-10-2003, 10:31 PM
the day you take any car, other than probably a subaru which has a little more ground clearance than most cars, over a "good sized hole" at 65-70 mph is probably the day its undercarriage will shatter to pieces. not saying there arent any decent cars out there that will handle the abuse. i mean hell a toyota camry will take all the abuse u can give it ..but its no sports car with 4 doors.

as JM said..a truck/ midsize SUV would work wonders. A V6 - V8 4Runner will handle the hills quite well and it has ground clearance and suspension to handle the back roads.

I'd go with an SUV just from my perspective that a back end of a truck is light...you take a sharp corner going 60-70 in a pick up the back end will slide..not gaurenteed but its likely.

Id go with something like a 6 or 8 4runner...Nissan Pathfinders are also close to bulletproof. just somethign with enough power and weight to take the hills and holes...

or you could always get another subaru of some sort...thats ur choice

Jm93
08-11-2003, 12:29 AM
i was going to suggest a suv but to me, they are not the greatest of veichles around. i mean i used to drive a 91 explorer 4x4 and the thing got 20 mpg highway, about 10 in the city. a newer one will obviously be better, but i stand by the truck. one with a v6. you just dont take corners at 70 mph. obviously.

Add your comment to this topic!