Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anybody else had this brake problem?

euroAccorDeuro
08-06-2003, 04:19 PM
My brakes are horrible right now, when i hit them, i have to push them to the floor. Also, the wheel turns to the left. I was planning on just bleeding the brake lines, even though ive never done it. Any suggestions on what it could be or what i should do about it? Thanks.

Plastic_Fork
08-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Bleeding the brakes might help if you have air in the lines which would cause more play in the brake pedal. Also check your pads to see how worn they are -- that could also require more pedal for them to make contact on the rotor. And if your car is pulling when braking, check your alignment / balance and also see if your brake rotors are warped. Honda car rotors are thinner than others, so they tend to warp more often.

vik
08-07-2003, 12:44 AM
i had the exact same problem. i had to get my master cylinder replaced.

euroAccorDeuro
08-07-2003, 11:48 AM
Well i checked the pads, they didnt look too worn. But i think it is a problem with the brake fluid. Because if you take your foot of the brake(after u push it to the floor), and push it again, it seems easier, like i dont have to push as far. That was what threw me off. Any other suggestions. Also, it didnt happen gradually. It just seemed like one day they worked fine, the next day i had all these problems. Thanks for the help.

y2knowledge
08-07-2003, 11:54 AM
It's funny, I have that same problem right now too and whenever I had my tires rotated I tried to check out my brakes. They looked fine and I had no clue why they would act up. Hopefully bleading your breaks will help you out! I'll have to get mine done to see if that remedies my problem...

micheal
08-07-2003, 12:34 PM
bleed em. sounds like u got gush in the m-cylinder.
u wouldn't happen to be running directional tires would you?

euroAccorDeuro
08-07-2003, 12:45 PM
I do have wheel spacers on.....
I'm taking em off in about a month when i get my 18's

Add your comment to this topic!