98 Firebird Power Window Problem

FirebirdFan86
08-06-2003, 03:23 AM
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem i am having with my 98 firebird's passenger side power window. When i go to roll it down it only comes down about half way, i have to wait about 30 sec. to roll it down the rest of the way. And when i go to roll it back up it comes up alittle each time i push the button, i have to wait about 1 min. or so between rolling it up, it takes me about 10 min. to roll it all the way back up. Is there something i could could do to fix this or is the power window motor messed up?

tc3
08-06-2003, 08:05 AM
yeah... theres the same problem on my parents 97 ws6 but on the drivers side... at first it will roll up almost half way then you have to turn it off wait a minute and then turn it on and try again... sometimes it never goes up all the way...??

hqdrummer
08-11-2003, 07:32 PM
tell me about it i have a 97 firebird formula and the same thing happened to me on the drivers side, and also my buddy has a 96 TA and same with him it was our power window motors.

bking120
08-14-2003, 02:27 AM
my camaro did the same thing but with both windows it turned out to be the motors on those heavy windows wear out quick there only about 50 dollars and not to easy to replace but takes about an hour n e ways that should do the trick

Frozenblue**WS6
08-14-2003, 04:36 PM
I had that problem on my 96 saturn(which i think is GM as well).... i guess their window motors just suck... glad i don't have that anymoe anyway... hope it doesn't happen on this car....

Dalusa
11-18-2003, 10:11 AM
98's are notorious for their shi**y window motors! same thing on mine....just replaced it!
Mods: Hooker competetion headers, Slp y-pipe, Slp LoudMouth Catback, b&m Short Throw, March Pully's, 80mm Throttle Body, Weiand Intake Manifold, Jet stage 2 chip, Slp 160 Thermo, Eibach pro kit, Slotted Rotors (F&B), Granatelli MAF, A-Pillar Guages-(Air/fuel Ratio, Fule Pressure, Trans Temp) Slp Skip Shift, Granatelli - Panhard Rod, G Load brace, subframe Connectiors, Strut Tower Brace, 200 MPH speedo, AFS ZR-1 Wheels (17X9.5-F 17X11-B) Sumitomo HTRZ Tires, Wings West ground Effects (Front only) E-mail or AIM for Dyno/Time Sheet

FireCav97
11-24-2003, 09:03 PM
I had the same problem with my 97 formula on the drivers side, i just replaced the motor and it fixed it, but it was kind of hard getting the motor in and out.

Add your comment to this topic!