Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Projector Headlights... Too bright?

ExemptX2000
08-05-2003, 07:48 PM
I bought a pair of those Denji projector head lights on eBay, installed them and when I fist walked to the front of the car at spots, usually directly infront of the beam they are blindingly bright, but when im inside the car its not very bright at all... Well since I installed them months ago Ive been getting flashed on a regular basis... Has anyone else had this happen to them? Any fixes for it? I didnt adjust the lights because they looked fine to me, but should I adjust them to the right a bit? I was also thinking maybe going HID if I could afford it, but wont those be even brighter? But less blinding, to me I can look straight into the HID beam and its alot less on my eyes than a hologen bulb... I dunno if this is a known fact or just me...

Thanks in adavance...

gnushit
08-05-2003, 08:35 PM
have you tried aiming the head lights down?:confused:

ExemptX2000
08-05-2003, 08:58 PM
Like I said, I havnt adjested them at all... Installing them was enough of a PITA... But I dont want to make it worse inside the car so I cant see at all, I just want to stop blinding other drivers...lol

gnushit
08-07-2003, 03:33 PM
yeah, try aiming them down and let us know how it turns out :sly:

00accord44
08-07-2003, 04:46 PM
Ive never heard of anybody saying their projectors are too BRIGHT. Dim yes. I agree with gnu. Try aiming them to the ground.:bloated:

CivicLeader
08-07-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by gnushit
have you tried aiming the head lights down?:confused:

:iagree:

First try to realigning your headlights...
Then see how they look form inside the car and as well form the point of view from the driver in front of you - have someone you know drive a separate car in front of you (driving in the same direction the first time and then in the opposing direction next) to give you their view of what they see...

If the driver of the other car says things are fine and you are not blinding anyone...then take a look of how things look from your (the driver) perspective...
If the lights seem to dim, not sure what to tell you there...maybe someone here has experience in this area and can chime in with a good antidote for this problem...

That should get you started and let us know how it turns out...

CL
:2cents:

00accord44
08-08-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by CivicLeader
If the lights seem to dim, not sure what to tell you there...maybe someone here has experience in this area and can chime in with a good antidote for this problem...

There isnt really an antidote for dim projectors. Thats just how they are. The only way to get some good illumination is to get HID or at least a CATZ Zeta Kit.:frown:

Projectors are like models. They're pretty as hell, they just aint that bright.

CivicLeader
08-08-2003, 01:15 PM
ahhhh...I see....thanks 00accord44!

strodda
08-08-2003, 01:25 PM
im gonna agree with what everyone said, its a two-fer. when you aim them down you wont be blinding anyone and you will also be aiming the concentrated light down, so itll appear brighter to you. thats what i did, and it worked... but i also got 100w bulbs.

00accord44
08-08-2003, 01:33 PM
how exactly do you get in there and adjust the beam angle? I just got my projectors a few weeks ago and the current angle is pretty good, but when I install my HID kit next week I'm probably gonna want to adjust to aim the beam for best visibility with the added amount of light. i don't wanna get in there anf fuc& some $hit up!

CivicLeader
08-08-2003, 02:47 PM
If you've got a Honda manual...it should show you in there on how to adjust the vertical/horizontal aim of your headlights...unless for some reason your new headlights have taken out the entire case that the headlight sits in (which I doubt).

If, when your hood is open, you look at your headlight casing from atop of the headlight...you will see small openings in the casing of the headlight where it meets the inner frame of your car. Inside those openings you will find (at an angle...I believe it to be roughtly 45 degrees) screws in which you tighten/loosen to adjust the vertical/horizontal aim of your headlights...

From there...do as was suggested above...park on a flat surface, park with your headlights pointing to a wall, and adjust accordingly. I also advise doing as I said beofre...have someone drive in a separate car infront of you and also soming towards you in the opposite direction to see how your headlights affect other drivers....

Good luck!
CL

00accord44
08-08-2003, 03:17 PM
Strange. I dont remember seeing any section in the manual about aiming your lights. But then again I didnt read much of the manual :p

I know that when I installed the projectors, I removed a black brace from the bottom of the housing cuz it wouldnt fit with the new lights, but I dont think it had much if anything to do with the aiming. Thanks for the tip. I guess I should pay more attention to owners manuals!

strodda
08-08-2003, 05:22 PM
well since you dont have stock heads anymore, it might be different. with the stocks, there was a bolt on the frame that adjusted the vertical aim. now with the projectors, i have 3 screws behind the projector(on the actual headlight housing, not the car). mine have one on top and two on the bottom. ive just used the top screw to aim it down. if you want to move either of the other screws you might have to take the heads out... i did.

CivicLeader
08-09-2003, 12:19 AM
QUOTE]Originally posted by 00accord44
Strange. I dont remember seeing any section in the manual about aiming your lights. But then again I didnt read much of the manual :p

I know that when I installed the projectors, I removed a black brace from the bottom of the housing cuz it wouldnt fit with the new lights, but I dont think it had much if anything to do with the aiming. Thanks for the tip. I guess I should pay more attention to owners manuals! [/QUOTE]

No worries 00accord44...like I said previously...in my Civic manual...it shows you how to adjust the head lights up, down..and side to side...(I feel like I'm in a Ludacris song/video...)...
Anyhow...I'm speaking from a stock Civic point of view...not sure how it is on the Accord...
CL

ExemptX2000
08-10-2003, 03:58 AM
Aight guys thanks for the input... When I adjust the headlights (been really busy lately) ill post a reply and let everyone know how it went...

00accord44
08-11-2003, 08:46 AM
Damn. Checked my manual and looked at the headlight headlight section and under "Aiming Your Headlights" It said something like "Your headlights were properly aimed prior to the purchase of your vehicle. They should only be adjusted my a certified Honda technician." Bastards:rolleyes:

Oh well, I guess if I wasnt these bad boys aimed right, I gotta go to the dealership and hear their shit about how those are not the correct lights for your vehicle, and we do not reccomend any aftermsrket modifications to your lighting system due to safety reasons, blah blah blah.

I dont see it happening

ExemptX2000
08-12-2003, 02:21 PM
Yea then u get to hear them telling you how unsafe the projectors are and that u should buy a set of OEM headlights from them...:rolleyes:
Everybodies always trying to make an extra dollar... It shouldnt take a technician to aim some headlights... I hate when companies do stuff like that... I work on PCs and they do stuff like that all the time...:rolleyes:

CivicLeader
08-12-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by ExemptX2000
Yea then u get to hear them telling you how unsafe the projectors are and that u should buy a set of OEM headlights from them...:rolleyes:
Everybodies always trying to make an extra dollar... It shouldnt take a technician to aim some headlights... I hate when companies do stuff like that... I work on PCs and they do stuff like that all the time...:rolleyes:

I hear ya' E-2000...
I'm sure you can do it w/out Honda's help.....I don't have aftermarket's but I'm sure you can adjust them u'rself!
Keep it up and maybe someone will post something on here that'll help you out a bit. I'll call my shop tomorrow and see what they use to align them.
CL

Add your comment to this topic!