Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

amp is on without remote wire? really wierd

tran_nsx
08-05-2003, 06:07 PM
i own a 92 integra ls and in my trunk i have a pioneer amp powering 3 10w0 jl subs in a vantage box. have no clue how long this been happening, but for some reason my amp is on all the time even when i pull out the remote wire. that is really wierd, whats going on? for some reason the power wire is turning it on and that shouldn't be possible. i do know how to install audio equipment but this has stump me. :confused: never have i seen this b4. any have an idea? right now i unhooked it and remove the box and amp since its draining my battery to where i have to jump it every time i want to start my car.

Streetwise
08-05-2003, 09:25 PM
Check your manual for the amp. Some amps can turn on without a remote turn on by the low level signal from your head unit (the rca's), as long as you have normal 12 volts of course. Throw me a model number and I'll check it out for you. I would consider checking things through from top to bottom. Your battery should not be drained unless you bump it with the car off. An amp can drain a battery quick if the car is not running.

Add your comment to this topic!