Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dodge Ram

SilverDreanm02
08-05-2003, 01:52 PM
Got love the new Dodge Ram 1500. I have one and they ride great and they are so easy to hook up and make them look so nice. But what I want know is if any one has any callbacks yet for the 2002 ram for the heaterblower wire harrness or the mirriors falling off or if there is any other callback that are out and I havent recieved yet.

nickinaustin
03-06-2004, 10:42 PM
The only recall I've received from the dealer is for the blower motor harness. First I've heard of the mirrors falling off problem.

Nick Donofrio

nickinaustin
03-06-2004, 10:43 PM
If you can't Dodge it, RAM it!

GreenlandMopar
03-07-2004, 08:00 PM
There was a recall on my '97 for the secondary hood latch because the hoods on the trucks were flying up on ppl when they were driving. Weather its the same for the '02 i dunno.

pind
03-07-2004, 10:10 PM
if you folks want to know about recalls and TSBs, for your trucks, check out http://dodgeram.info/tsb/

this gives a pretty good rundown of all the recalls and TSBs for these trucks

BleedDodge
03-08-2004, 12:52 AM
So if I go down to the dealership and ask them to repair everything that was recalled on my truck, will they do it for free?

GLASSMAN962
03-08-2004, 08:09 PM
I Have The Mayor 1500 2002.bought In 2001recall For Blower Motor , Side Mirroros Windshield Leak Left Side By Pull Handle ,break Line Routed Wrong At Rear Axle, Cab Noise And Driver Seat Squeaking And Side To Side Movement. Some Of These Were Recalls Others Are Called ,forgot Name Something , Like Tech Reports Means Some Trucks Are Ok, So They Don't Do Nation Wide Recall.i Agree The Mayor Is The Best Truck Going. Also Just Added A 2003 2500 Heavy Duty Quad Cab Hemi To My Driveway.

pind
03-11-2004, 09:31 AM
From my experience, anything that is listed under safety recall is an automatice fix, by the dealer, at no charge. Some of teh TSBs are as well, although I am not sure about all of them. That is more of a dealer discretionary thing, and they generally will not admit to knowing anyting about the TSB that you are talking about. Best thing you can do, is print the list of recalls and TSBs that apply to your truck, and take it with you to the dealer. Tell them what you want done, and if they balk at it, or say they never heard of it, pull the list out, and give them the procedure name and TSB number. Never give them the list though, they have it in alldata and Snap On diagnostic programs.

Happy trucking

Add your comment to this topic!