Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Aston Martin Vanquish vs Ferrari 550 Maranello

kapplera
11-25-2001, 09:57 PM
Which do you like more?
Take into account:
- Looks
- Performance
- Prestige
- Reliability
- English vs Italian

I am completely undecided.

ak

LiuBei
12-04-2001, 09:00 PM
Would you like a bloody cup of tea Guv'nor. No comparo needed Ferrari all the way. Aston's are just cars, Ferrari's define passion

USA Racer
12-06-2001, 01:08 AM
Both are great and it's hard to pick. But I'll take the 550 Maranello. Only because of a few things though. They are both very very good cars.

GTStang
03-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Both unbelievable cars. Nothing bad to say about the Ferrari but I'd take the Aston Yea Babyyyyy

Jimster
03-14-2003, 01:47 PM
VERY HARD Comparo- but n terms of the aftermarket- Ferrari has it sewn up (Koenig) even stock for stock for stock the Ferrari moves and handles much better than the Aston- and they are by far more "passionate car"- However if you want Luxury then that is where the Aston shines

Neutrino
03-14-2003, 05:56 PM
from the looks department i would take the aston
from the mecanical department i'll take the ferrari

Pick
03-15-2003, 06:45 AM
Ferrari rocks this poll all the way. Aston Martin's are too heavy and handling sucks.

Pick
03-15-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Jimster
VERY HARD Comparo- but n terms of the aftermarket- Ferrari has it sewn up (Koenig) even stock for stock for stock the Ferrari moves and handles much better than the Aston- and they are by far more "passionate car"- However if you want Luxury then that is where the Aston shines

Why would you care about luxury buying a $300,000 monster performing sportscar?

Jimster
03-15-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Pick

Why would you care about luxury buying a $300,000 monster performing sportscar?

You'd be suprised- but some people do- Just because you don't and I don't doesn't mean the next guy won't :rolleyes:

90EX
03-17-2003, 08:45 AM
I have always dreamed about owning a Ferrari.

crayzayjay
03-17-2003, 03:43 PM
If you hear the sound a Vanquish makes your dreams of owning a Ferrari will rapidly evaporate.. The word "sound" doesnt even do it justice. Jeremy Clarkson described it as "God shouting" :hehe:

BMW-Hamann
03-19-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by kapplera
Which do you like more?
Take into account:
- Looks
- Performance
- Prestige
- Reliability
- English vs Italian

I am completely undecided.

ak

me too ... but for the looks I choose Aston .. the performance goes to 550 for sure ... :D ....

BMW-Hamann
03-19-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by crayzayjay
If you hear the sound a Vanquish makes your dreams of owning a Ferrari will rapidly evaporate.. The word "sound" doesnt even do it justice. Jeremy Clarkson described it as "God shouting" :hehe:

did u hear it directly? ... I only hear it from the JB movie Die Another Day .. and I fall in love right away .. :D ;)

YogsVR4
03-19-2003, 10:14 AM
After seeing the Vanquish at the Detroit Auto Show a couple years ago, I feel in love! I will own one someday - just not yet.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

crayzayjay
03-19-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by BMW-Hamann

did u hear it directly? ... I only hear it from the JB movie Die Another Day .. and I fall in love right away .. :D ;)

You bet your ass i heard it first hand... a guy who lives on my street has one.... i was driving behind him for a few minutes once (trying hard to keep with him) and it really sounded incredible, like nothing else out there.... not surprising, with a trick exhaust and all... still, gorgeous sound... not outrageous like a Diablo but just as sexy

crayzayjay
03-19-2003, 10:39 AM
This gives you an idea

http://supercars.ifn.cx/news/06012002.shtml

honestly though, it sounded 1000 times better "live"... the way theyve recorded these files arent great

i should add, the second file is better (and only 232k)

BMW-Hamann
03-19-2003, 08:14 PM
This gives you an idea

http://supercars.ifn.cx/news/06012002.shtml

honestly though, it sounded 1000 times better "live"... the way theyve recorded these files arent great

i should add, the second file is better (and only 232k)

thank u Cray .. but after i downloaded it, I find the sound was different compare to what I heard in Die Another Day movie .... which one is the real sound of Vanguish?:D

crayzayjay
03-20-2003, 07:01 AM
The second mp3 clip captures the sound quite well, I saw the Bond movie but I cant really remember what the car sounded like in that. Im pretty sure the two clips are genuine, the second one does sound close to the real thing

BMW-Hamann
03-20-2003, 07:48 AM
The second mp3 clip captures the sound quite well, I saw the Bond movie but I cant really remember what the car sounded like in that. Im pretty sure the two clips are genuine, the second one does sound close to the real thing

ok Cray ... but the sound not really the same ... from the MP3 clip, it's sound like Scooby cat-back on WRX ... quite nice .. but the movie version nicer .. the sound is really awesome ... :D

crayzayjay
03-21-2003, 09:54 AM
like i said i dont really recall the movie but hear the car in real life and a scoob doesnt compare... not even close... its incredible

BMW-Hamann
03-22-2003, 09:06 AM
like i said i dont really recall the movie but hear the car in real life and a scoob doesnt compare... not even close... its incredible

hemmm ... I am leaving for business travel tomorrow ... one of my destination is europe ... I really wish I can see that car pass by so I can hear the rumble ... :) :p

crayzayjay
03-23-2003, 11:24 AM
If youre passing by London, you have a chance, I've seen 3 or 4 different ones now..... all in Knightsbridge & Kensington

BMW-Hamann
04-08-2003, 12:35 PM
If youre passing by London, you have a chance, I've seen 3 or 4 different ones now..... all in Knightsbridge & Kensington

This time I only transit in London ... I couldn't get the visa .. :( .. I had been in Spain, German, and Italy a few weeks ago ... I couldn't find one ... but some ferraris pass by ... ;) :D ... and so many Porsche .. :) .. I have plan to go to London early Oct .. wish I can see and hear it .. :D

Add your comment to this topic!