Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Is there any way to convert a F22A no Vtec to a Vtec?

Mugen_Boi
08-02-2003, 11:52 PM
I have almost evry bolt on ever made for my 1993 Honda Accord. Other than Nos and Turbo. Its still consisdered running stock with its Sohc F22A Motor. I was wondering if there is any way to give it a little more HP through Vtec. Can I add Vtec to my Sohc F22A if posible how? Full detail would be nice. Thanks for any feed back.

darkaccord
08-03-2003, 08:51 PM
I've never heard of anyone doing something like that. I'd say a turbo is your best bet for more hp. How much hp are you making?

00accord44
08-04-2003, 01:38 PM
I'm no expert at engine conversions butfrom what I do know, you would be better off just buying the VTEC versionof the F22. You'd need different cams, rockers, which I'm pretty sure would require a new crankshaft, you would have to replace the ECU to recognize the VTEC, and I'm not sure if the transmission for your F22is the same as the 94-97 EX Accord (the only F22 I know of with VTEC), it should be though. All in all, a complicated job to gain not much hp. Definitely not anything you could really feel. Youre much better off getting a turbo like darkaccord said or swapping for a better engine (H22A comes to mind of course).

But I could be wrong here. Someone more knowlegable could tell you better.

Add your comment to this topic!