Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

OBD 1 type R ECU

funkdaflex1
08-02-2003, 02:02 AM
Ok this guy at a new shop by me who ive known a lil bit wants to sell me a obd 1 itr ecu I have a civic obd1 ecu I was just going to use for my obd1 to 2 conversion but he wants me to give him that one and get another one and $200 more so that 2 obd1 ecu's and $200 for a jdm itr obd 1 ecu thats chipped with a jun chip but the guys chips ecu's. Is this a total rip off or what? Will a regular obd1 chipped ecu be just fine I'm not an all motor guy as you can see by my mods list it will be for turbo so a extra redline doesnt mean much to me. What do you guys think?

funkdaflex1
08-03-2003, 11:48 PM
anyone?

afroeman
08-04-2003, 04:41 AM
Hey man this is no scam. the JDM Type R OBD1 will be perfect for your turbo. It will increase your redline and that way your turbo which will still kick at the same point can go even further. the Type R's are some of the most dependable ECU's on the market. for 200 some dollars you're getting a hell of a deal too. I had a friend try to buy one for his 97 and the guy said it would cost almost $600. I would do it if I were you but thats just one opinion. wait a few days for some more feedback and see what the vote is.

Add your comment to this topic!