Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Can anyone???

speediva
11-24-2001, 10:13 PM
I may look like a dummy posting this thread, but are there really any AFers that have commerical liscenses???

I've seen a number of "commercial truck" threads that have never been posted in, and I had to ask! I personally don't have my CDL, but my dad does, so I have some idea of what's involved....

redimpss5
04-18-2003, 09:32 PM
some states require differant classes for trucks. when in oklahoma, you will see a lot of 1/2 ton trucks with commercial stickers on them due to their state laws. i think texas has something like that too. i do have a cdl and drive a big truck everyday, but out west we call that commercial driver license and have differant trucks sizes also. so the question is not that dumb, since you may be just used to your state laws.

webelnn
12-15-2003, 12:28 AM
The real pain comes when you move to another state and cant legelly drive what you use to. Like when I moved from Utah to NY and could no longer drive a 23k vehicle anymore, NY downed me to a max of 18 k
Jim

A-ROC
06-02-2004, 11:50 AM
wow thats brutal! Here in Canada..EH!? (lol)
there is no restrictions or limitations. And we make decent money. about 65.000$ a year!

pind
06-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I agree to a point with A-Roc. There are not a whole bunch of restrictions in canada, other than the licensing for the basics, dangerous goods, extended length, and so on.
The biggest problem we have here is DOT, DMV, MVA regulations, they vary province to province and so on, kind of like the states. And if you are not in compliance, watch out, the mermaids will get you.
And, although you may be based in one province and hauling all over the place, they expect you to know all the rules everywhere. Now, I carry a copy of the local MVA and Regs in my truck, but not everyone has that option.
Anyone else have issues like these?

BleedDodge
06-28-2004, 01:34 AM
I hate how you can't have a truck in Canada over 244 inch wheelbase, like you can in the states.

macktoschool
06-29-2004, 03:04 PM
The commercial vehicle sticker in Oklahoma is really just a way to save money on your Tags. It doesn't mean you have a commercial license. It used to be a big deal, but now it doesn't save you enough to be worth the hassle.

Add your comment to this topic!