Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Rodeo, oil pressure

richardandsarah99
07-30-2003, 07:02 PM
I have a 94 Rodeo LS, with a 3.2 liter engine, the problem is oil pressure. When I first start it, it has good pressure, after it warms up pressure goes to almost 0 on the gauge, but if I rev it or drive down the road it has perfect pressure. The pressure is only low when it idles, could it be sending unit, oil pump, cam bearings, mains, or something else? Any help would be greatful.

krazibimmer
07-30-2003, 07:25 PM
all car should have higher oil pressure when the engine started cold and drop down when the engine warm up. cause oil flow better when its hot then cold. how low did your's drop down to and did the oil light come on?

richardandsarah99
07-30-2003, 07:32 PM
almost zero, the light did not come on though, I know what the oil pressure sould be on a ford, but this gauge acts almost like a second tach, rev up good pressure, idle almost zero

krazibimmer
07-30-2003, 08:07 PM
the oil pressure spec. for the rodeo is 57-80psi with engine at normal operating temperature. you should bring it to a shop or the dealer and have them check the pressure. cause the stock gauge on the instrument cluster don't tell you the exact pressure you have. and if the oil light didn't come on then the oil pressure should be ok. if the oil pressure is critical low, it'll kick on the light(if the light is working and the sensor is working properly).

richardandsarah99
07-31-2003, 09:20 AM
thanks for the help, I found out that at 500 rpm it is only supposed to have 10 psi of pressure. Thanks again:smile:

Add your comment to this topic!