questions from my friend

BlackLabel6542
07-29-2003, 10:09 PM
#1 does anyone make electronic distributors for a 13b?

#2 if so... who?

#3 if not... does anyone make a good electronic ignition for a 13b?

#4 does a 13b have the same bolt pattern for the bell housing as a 12a/12b?

#5 what good carborators are there for the 13b (pref. turbo)?

#6 any ideas on the radiator setup when putting a 13b in a 61 volks bug

#7 who makes electric waterpumps for the 13b?

dayna240sx
07-30-2003, 09:06 AM
#1. No,

#2. But you can use a crank angle sensor from a 2nd gen RX-7 (86-91)

#3. Mazda, as long as you get the entire set-up from a 2nd gen RX-7 it is hard to get any better.... unless you run DUAL MSD boxes, like dual 6al's or Dual SC boxes... JAcobs makes an electronic ignition for a rotary, but jacobs it isn't nearly as good as the stock set-up... the only thing the jacobs has going for it over the STOCK 2nd Gen stuff is a rev limiter. MSD 6Al's are about $150 ea, and the jacobs, last i saw was like $350

#4. Yes and no, there are 2 different adaptor plates availible from Kennedy for this adaption.. one will adapt an early rotary (69-73) which is pretty much a worth less engine to rebuild for this application... and very rare to even find an engine, let alone one that runs, or parts to rebuild.

#5. WEBER (DCOE, OR IDA) Some IDA's you can get as blow through for use with turbo applications. Also delorto, holley (which you can buy a turbo horn to bolt on top of) depending on the hp you want Mr. Yaw can make a killer carb from the stock 81-85 12A carbs, if you use a 12A.

#6. Whatever car you get the donor engine from use that radiator, depending on the chassis, you can sometimes, make the 2nd gen radiator fit just behind the engine, like where it would be if it were in an RX-7 anyway. The last VW swap i did was into a Bradley GT kit car and it had plenty of room.... in an actual VW i've seen the radiator mounted I guess in front of the engine, so the vents can get to it... It is imperitive that you make plans to KEEP THE OIL COOLER. it will mount straight behind the engine, there is a braket there to weld mounts to.

#7 Although no needed unless you have fitment, or high hp applications... but Meziere makes it. You buy the adaptor from Summit ( P/N MEZ-WP90 $ 89.95 Adapter Water Port Mazda Rotary) then you buy one of their pumps.

I hope this helps, I have only done the one vw swap (into the bradley). and it had alot of room to mount cooling accesories...

If you need more rotary specific info, please feel free to ask.

illest7
08-03-2003, 10:56 AM
you forgot the hks twin power ignition. Its the best on the market and you only need one.

Steel
08-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by dayna240sx

If you need more rotary specific info, please feel free to ask.

I'm in love.:redface:

Add your comment to this topic!