I just email Toyota

SuperSupra04
07-29-2003, 10:55 PM
And they email me back this is what i ask them:

Is it true that toyota is working on a new Supra?

And this is what they answer me:

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
We appreciate your interest in the Supra.

We apologize; we do not currently have any announced plans to reintroduce the Supra. We are, however, aware of consumer interest in this type of vehicle and have documented your comments at our National Headquarters under file #200307250780.

We thank you for your enthusiasm about our products and hope that you will continue to consider Toyota for your driving needs.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Response by JasonK

If you guys dont believe me if me your email address and i will forward the email to you.

MB38
07-29-2003, 11:53 PM
well hell, post the email address you sent it to so we can all send them an email. if you went into that file, it wouldn't hurt if a hundred of us did.

rsxer45
07-30-2003, 12:57 AM
Don't be so quick to judge. In no way does that statement mean that a new Supra is not being developed. It just says that they don't have any official, public announcemnets relating to the reintroduction of the supra. In other words, a supra may or may not be under development.......they just don't want to reveal it publicly yet. Im mean c'mon, do you really think they would give secret information of a car under development to every person that drops them an email?

Just wait awhile for toyota to announce it publicly. The email idea is really just a waste of time....unless you got "connections." :wink:

SuperSupra04
07-30-2003, 01:42 PM
here this is the email address:

toyota_cares@toyota.com

email them and ask the same question that i ask them

DMC12
07-30-2003, 02:03 PM
I couldn't handle a new Supra being built, after what the designers did to the RX7(8) & the Z:bloated: The last gen Supra was designed by God himself.

Elderlandwurm
09-18-2003, 04:24 PM
I was at the toyota dealership near my house the other day getting my dad's oil changed (warranty stuff). I've heard all of the hoop-la about a new supra blah blah blah so I decided to ask the sales manager and he told me there was going to be a new supra in 05 and it will be naturally aspirated. Just like he 350 and the RX-8. Go to the source, talk to the dealership and ask.

SuperSupra04
09-18-2003, 08:23 PM
4 real you sure how come in the toyota website theres no future supra vehicle in it

suprakid95
11-08-2003, 12:10 AM
I couldn't handle a new Supra being built, after what the designers did to the RX7(8) & the Z:bloated: The last gen Supra was designed by God himself.

he stole the words right outa my mouth, but then again if a new one did come out i would be outraged if it wasent a 2jz :dunno: jus gonna have to wait and see

igor@af
11-08-2003, 12:13 AM
I disagree... the new Z is awesome :p

Devin
11-08-2003, 02:38 AM
Well listen ya'll I actually called toyota manufacturing today to ask them about the new supra's. It seems that they had never stopped making supra's. They only stopped selling them in the United States after 1998. I asked the guy if they planned to ever sell supra's again in the United States and the guy said its not impossible but it isn't very likely. Well I'm in the Navy and am in my A-School right now learning how to do IT(information technology) and my first duty station is Japan. So I will be buying a brand new supra from there:naughty:. The only complication is that it will be right side steering but that shouldn't be a problem for me. If you guys want to REALLY talk to the manufacturers and find out for yourself then call 1-800-GO-TOYOTA. Now you can have a supra imported straight from Japan but you would have to have ALOT of :2cents: money and you would have to find someone to import it for you which would cost about 10,000 to 15,000. Since I'm in the Navy all I have to do is put the supra on a Merchant Marine ship and they will ship it back to the USA for free:iceslolan! Sorry guys but it doesn't look like you will be getting a new supra unless you have about $60,000 laying around.

RScott
11-09-2003, 10:39 AM
sorry to burst your bubble, but you were misinformed. production on the mkiv was halted in japan a couple years ago. Components are still being made. Sorry to say, but what i have found is that what the dealers tell you is what the dealers think you want to hear.

in other news, at a recent show, toyota was scheduled to unveil a new sports car...the supra...but because honda unveiled the new nsx and the designs were deemed too similar, the prototype was pulled back for redesign. This information was not provided to me by an uneducated dealer who wants my business, but by the actual source. Dont ask me how.

SuperSupra04
11-09-2003, 11:57 AM
where you got that info from RScott

Sportivo Concepts
12-22-2003, 11:16 PM
Well listen ya'll I actually called toyota manufacturing today to ask them about the new supra's. It seems that they had never stopped making supra's. They only stopped selling them in the United States after 1998. I asked the guy if they planned to ever sell supra's again in the United States and the guy said its not impossible but it isn't very likely. Well I'm in the Navy and am in my A-School right now learning how to do IT(information technology) and my first duty station is Japan. So I will be buying a brand new supra from there:naughty:. The only complication is that it will be right side steering but that shouldn't be a problem for me. If you guys want to REALLY talk to the manufacturers and find out for yourself then call 1-800-GO-TOYOTA. Now you can have a supra imported straight from Japan but you would have to have ALOT of :2cents: money and you would have to find someone to import it for you which would cost about 10,000 to 15,000. Since I'm in the Navy all I have to do is put the supra on a Merchant Marine ship and they will ship it back to the USA for free:iceslolan! Sorry guys but it doesn't look like you will be getting a new supra unless you have about $60,000 laying around.

I hate to :bricks1:, but I have an overseas Toyota dealership in Osaka, most likely where you will be. And the Supra has not been made there for a while now, a good couple of years. Toyota has been in R&D with different concept cars that everybody just assmues is the next Supra. I heard it all and seen it all eve been to their new plant and design building in Osaka. The fact of the matter is Just like the Celica will be dropped in 05 when they come out with the last gen the Supra was dropped in 98.

Second, it does not cost alot to import a car from Japan, I have been doing this for years now for personal use and is one of my primary US business. What drives up the cost of importing a car to the States is getting it to pass emissions and everything. Sometimes it is actually cheaper to buy a new J-Spec car and then import it to the States. I get them shipped to the US for only $180 new or used.

Third military, been there done that Devil Dog for Life (Semper Fi). You will only get it shipped for free to the US 1) if they have the room 2) it does not go over the weght limit. 3) you still have to pay taxes and custom charges.

So if and when you get a brand new Supra from Japan I'll give you a Toyota Crown Majestic for free.

suprachica79
12-23-2003, 02:47 PM
Sportivo Concepts-OOrah! lol, go usmc!
newayz, I'm praying they come out with another one because that means the value of the mkiv will hopefully drop severely and thats just what I want lol.

quarter_mile
12-27-2003, 08:11 AM
Sportivo Concepts-OOrah! lol, go usmc!
newayz, I'm praying they come out with another one because that means the value of the mkiv will hopefully drop severely and thats just what I want lol.\

hey, that is a pretty good point, on the other hand, the designers could ruin the reputation and look of supras everywhere.

suprachica79
12-27-2003, 02:49 PM
very tru, well, we can all pray the price goes down lol

quarter_mile
12-31-2003, 06:08 AM
I just emailed toyota too, got the same response.
then again, they could be lying, could be secret :D

Zero8985
01-02-2004, 01:31 AM
They aren't lying.
We apologize; we do not currently have any announced plans to reintroduce the Supra.

Loop holes, every lawyers sexual fantasy. Anyways, i'm not saying that means there making a new Supra or not, and neither does that statement, but Nissan reintroduced the Z-series with a 270 h.p. 350Z, Mazda reintroduced the Rotary engine in the RX8, Mitsubishi Introduced a new Evolution to America. With these three returning to the mix since the 300zx, rx7, and the 300gt, why wouldn't Toyota complete the mix with something of there own? By the looks of it, it might not be a Supra, but it should be something nice.

2of9
01-02-2004, 02:45 AM
[QUOTE=SuperSupra04]
We apologize; we do not currently have any announced plans to reintroduce the Supra. We are, however, aware of consumer interest in this type of vehicle and have documented your comments at our National Headquarters under file #200307250780.
QUOTE]

i wonder what this "National Headquarters under file #200307250780" means...hmmmmm

shahzaaaam
01-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Actually Toyota should be comming out with the new supra in late 2004 or early 2005. They will be replacing the Toyota Celica. Don't get your hopes up the front end of the toyota is very ugly. And the design will be comparable to the 350z and the rx8. toyota will have a inline 6 with 238hp no turbos...sry.. the 6 should cost your about 30 to 40 grand there are also thinking of a inline 8 wich should be around 80 grand, toyota is not sure of a inline 10 because of emmisions and even if they do which i doubt they will it should cost over 100 grand..which i highly doubt will happen... i will find the link of the supra pic and post it if i find it....

shahzaaaam
01-18-2004, 08:54 PM
Actually Toyota should be comming out with the new supra in late 2004 or early 2005. They will be replacing the Toyota Celica. Don't get your hopes up the front end of the toyota is very ugly. And the design will be comparable to the 350z and the rx8. toyota will have a inline 6 with 238hp no turbos...sry.. the 6 should cost your about 30 to 40 grand there are also thinking of a inline 8 wich should be around 80 grand, toyota is not sure of a inline 10 because of emmisions and even if they do which i doubt they will it should cost over 100 grand..which i highly doubt will happen... i will find the link of the supra pic and post it if i find it....

shahzaaaam
01-18-2004, 08:57 PM
i found the 2004 toyota supra pic
http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/new/2005supra.jpg
as u can see the front is kinda ugly while the rest is very nice

Sportivo Concepts
01-19-2004, 03:08 AM

Wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

No supra at all, that was a concept car that they came out with for the 03 Osaka Car show. the new Scion tC is replacing the Celica, and will have the Camry 4cyl in it and TRD will have a shit load of performance mods including supercharger for it.

I deal with Toyota Japan all the time and there is no new Supra at all. there will be a new sports car, but most likely not in NA becasue of insurance and emmissions and other politically bullshit.

The Supra is dead, as well as the Celica, but there will be a new Sports cars well for the Japanese market anyways.

Zero8985
01-19-2004, 12:48 PM
Hehehe... this is funny. It's ironic how everybody in this forum Deals with Toyota Japan, knows someone who works for them or does so themselves, talked to the president of Toyota Japan, or knows somebody high up there. Tell you what, why don't we wait till Toyota releases the information themselves. Cause no matter what anybody says in here, nobody else in there right minds will straight up believe it.

flightz71
02-29-2004, 11:17 PM
Actually Zero8985..sportivo concepts has it right on the spot.. :rolleyes: If not on the spot, most logical explanation. Celica IS being discountinued and i think the scion tC looks like the replacement. Toyota wants to go with a more family tree hugger image thus all sport cars are off the line. IF there is a new "Supra" it will be called something different and introduced in the Scion line of cars. I think this is the most logical assumption because scion is trying to have this sporty image. Then again..scion cars are supposed to be affordable.. :screwy: rofl...so who knows. Again, i think sportivo concepts has a very logical explanation and it seems like scion is the way toyota will go if a new "Supra" is reintroduced

Sportivo Concepts
03-01-2004, 03:52 PM
The main reason why there will not be a Supra is because it was etired in 98. Toyota has neve revied a dead name badge once they retired it. Second just like the reason behind them discontinuing the Celica, they the sales was just not there to justify future poductions of either the Celica or the Supra.

If you notice Honda has also followed suite and did the same with both the Acua and Honda brands

arpus
03-02-2004, 09:17 AM
there is going to be no 2005 06 07 08 none of the new supras that rumors have been going around about... i called the hotline (1-800-go-toyota) and asked them and they said that there were no plans.

Add your comment to this topic!