Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stooooooopid Maxim

Ludovico
07-29-2003, 02:25 PM
In this months issue of Maxim, there is an article (p.28) on the Ferrari Enzo.

... this stallion leaps to 60mph in 3.5 seconds and has about 220 on top, making it the fastest street legal auto EVER.

Have they not heard of the American made Saleen S7, which has a higher top speed? Or how about the McLaren F1, which is faster in 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times, and has a higher top speed? Where does Maxim get it's information? I suppose it's not that important when they have Anna Kournikova on the cover. There is one good thing in the article

For once, the fastest thing in this magazine is a car

TexasF355F1
07-29-2003, 07:37 PM
First of all they don't know anything about cars and get the info from roughly reading other mags. Secondly, the S7 sucks.

YellowMaranello
07-29-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by TexasF355F1
Secondly, the S7 sucks.

:ylsuper:

Ludovico
07-29-2003, 08:13 PM
I'd take an S7 over an Enzo in a hearbeat.

Neutrino
07-29-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Ludovico

http://www.automotiveforums.com/kris/kris/+junk/care.jpg

Porsche
07-31-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Ludovico

I wouldn't nessecarily do it in a heartbeat, but the S7 is a nice machine. So many people harp on, but other than maybe being slightly large and somwewhat underpowered (Considering the rediculous machines that M-B and other comapneis have developed) and EXTREMELY overpriced it's pretty damn nice.
However, as I read in Motor trend, Saleen is an interesting comapny, seeing as they will be the home of the Ford GT, building the two cars in direct competition with each other in the same factory.

So to all those people who think the S7 sucks, well that's your problem, I seriously doubt any 550 Hp mid- engine Supercar can suck.

HoboPie
08-02-2003, 12:48 AM
They are quoting the wrong figures, but if they had just read the R&T test of the Enzo they might have come to that conclusion.

It does beat out the ameritech F1 and except on the 0-60 it soundly beats out the S7 through all ranges of acceleration, braking and even beats it out in handling though the S7 has almost twice as much downforce.

madplaye2
08-13-2003, 01:52 PM
What about the Zonda or the Koenigsegg, I think those both have 0-60 times in about 3 flat, and not to mention the Koenigsegg is rumored to be the fastest car in the world now. Top speed of 245 4 MPH faster than the F1.....but i could be wrong.

elsupremo
08-15-2003, 12:36 PM
What about the Zonda or the Koenigsegg, I think those both have 0-60 times in about 3 flat, and not to mention the Koenigsegg is rumored to be the fastest car in the world now. Top speed of 245 4 MPH faster than the F1.....but i could be wrong.

Yah, both of those cars are quicker than the Enzo. The Enzo is just so cool, though...

Neutrino
08-17-2003, 02:22 AM
those are not cars meant for drag racing...i could not care less that the koeniseeg is .3 sec faster to 60...those cars are meant for the track....

you want 0-60 and 1/4 mile times then get a light car and trop a 528 hemi in it

R/T
08-25-2003, 04:18 PM
First of all they don't know anything about cars and get the info from roughly reading other mags. Secondly, the S7 sucks.

I've gotta disagree with you there, sonny. It costs more than $600 for an oil change in an Enzo. An S7 is a Domestic car, meaning it is most likely the cheapest Supercar insurance-wise for sale now. 3.3 is very nice for the price, and if I'm not mistaken, match or even beats the McLaren's time. Do you know how much an engine replacement is on an Enzo? $250,000. And that's still under warranty.

Price-wise, the S7 is the obvious choice. But if you and I were Rockstars in a huge band, and our income is $1,000,000 a month, what the fuck would it matter? But we aren't.

Jas_M
09-04-2003, 11:35 PM
The S7 is overpriced as far as exotics go IMO, but let's face it, if someone said to you "Here's the keys to your very own S7. Enjoy!", would you really turn it down and say "Sorry i'd rather have (insert other car name here)" or would you say "Holy shit!! The S7 is all MINE?!?" and proceed to jump in and zoom off?

blindside.AMG
09-06-2003, 12:23 AM
Secondly, the S7 sucks.

ANONTHER GENIUS FROM TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :screwy:

farbod
09-06-2003, 11:05 AM
awww thats harsh

flewp
09-06-2003, 02:26 PM
I'd take an Enzo over any other supercar any day. If I could afford everything that comes with it (insurance, maintenance, etc).

That being said, it is far superior to the McLaren, the S7, and everything out there. The only thing that it might not take the cake on is top speed, but who needs it? It'll make up lost time on top speed (assuming there's a track that would allow the cars to get up to top speed) in braking and cornering and acceleration.

BTW Ludovico, the McLaren is not faster in 0-60, or 1/4 mile, though it does have a higher top speed. The 0-60 time printed by Maxim is wrong, or the test driver didn't know what they were doing.

farbod
09-07-2003, 07:35 AM
not over ENY supercar but definetly most of them

Dynastar197
09-12-2003, 03:45 PM
Guys guys,,
Lets get some things straight. Were talking about an Enzo here. An Enzo!!!!!! Why even begin to think of comparing anything to it? Theres no point. Anyway those numbers are off, check out Road & Track. Nothing.....Ill say it again,.Nothing....compares to the Enzo. Yea, there are the numbers, but there is also production Corvette that gets there in 1.9, So I guess its all about your perspective. Dont get me wrong, the S7 is staight sick, I just think its not in the same ballpark. (Perspective)...

farbod
09-13-2003, 04:36 PM
i supose your right the enzo is a damn good car

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Ludovico
10-04-2003, 12:29 AM
It's strange - the Enzo looks so great from some angles and so wretched from others. I think it's the most puzzled-over car I've ever seen, since from a front angled shot it looks very very nice and the back of it (or any Ferrari) is beautiful. But from a total side shot (IMO) it's strange at best. And the nose is ugly.

The performance rules, but there are a lot of cars I'd take over an Enzo, like it's older brother the F50.

Guyanson_Mendiola
11-10-2003, 01:47 PM
the Saleen S7 does suck and everybody knows the supreme supercar is the Ferrari Enzo!

Menu dei Motori
11-30-2003, 02:39 PM
the Saleen S7 does suck and everybody knows the supreme supercar is the Ferrari Enzo!
but for what price....

goat_launcher
12-05-2003, 10:27 AM
This is a toss up for me...i like the styling of the S7 better, but I WANT A V12! :evillol: Thats FOUR (count 'em, four!) additional cylinders,buddy! That's called bragging rights! but the Enzo is still uglier.

and ANYWAYS..if any of you people were actually rich, there would be no arguement...you'd simply buy both. :rolleyes:

Add your comment to this topic!