Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

keyless entry reset?

esp
07-28-2003, 06:42 PM
is there anyway on a 98 civic to reprogram the keyless entry. i have an aftermarket cd player and the stock radio is still behind the dash. about 6 months ago the keyless entry stopped working and both remotes do not work anymore. it worked for almost 2 years of having my cd player in the car and then suddenly it stopped. i was just wondering what could be wrong. i checked the fuses and the battery in both the remotes. any suggestions?

BullShifter
07-28-2003, 11:02 PM
I cant remember the exact procedure for reprogramming. I think you must do the porcess 3 or 4 times.

1st you will need to access the factory radio
turn ignition on (doors closed)
press & hold button on radio (between tuning buttons, i think)
press lock on 1 remote then the other
do that 3 or 4 times & then the doors should lock

I may be completely wrong, its been a while since I have had to do that.

Kinda stupid how you must keep the factory radio in order to keep your keyless entry - stupid engineers

esp
07-29-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by jackasssi
I cant remember the exact procedure for reprogramming. I think you must do the porcess 3 or 4 times.

1st you will need to access the factory radio
turn ignition on (doors closed)
press & hold button on radio (between tuning buttons, i think)
press lock on 1 remote then the other
do that 3 or 4 times & then the doors should lock

I may be completely wrong, its been a while since I have had to do that.

Kinda stupid how you must keep the factory radio in order to keep your keyless entry - stupid engineers

i guess i will try that this fri when i take apart the interior of my car, cause the stock radio is hiden somewhere behind the dash so i will have a hayday finding it. i guess i was hoping i didnt have to do anything to the stock radio like all the steps above except the holding of some button on the radio.

mjshort18
07-29-2003, 01:52 PM
i'm having the same problem with my keyless intry. i have been told just to take it back to the dealership and have it fixed, but i don't have an after market cd player yet so i don't have the problem of finding my old radio.

pimpedcivic
07-30-2003, 09:40 AM
here you go

when they say the locks cycle, they just make a noise, they dont unlock or lock

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/98keyless.gif

BullShifter
07-30-2003, 10:50 PM
I was pretty damn close:bigthumb:

Add your comment to this topic!