Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone make 1/24 Ferrari Challenge Stradale aftermarket kit??

TireGaint
07-27-2003, 07:26 PM
Any?:smile:

freakray
07-27-2003, 07:28 PM
I don't know for sure, but I think Rennaissance does a Ferrari Challenge transkit.

Have a look on www.italianhorses.net I think Alex has built one.

Ray

TireGaint
07-30-2003, 11:18 PM
:smile:

Tea
07-31-2003, 03:53 AM
Museum Collection makes the transkit, the kit includes wheels and decals
HLJ carries them.

Too bad there used to be a link to the finished kit on HLJ but the link is dead now.

ZoomZoomMX-5
07-31-2003, 06:46 AM
The Challenge Stradale is new, nobody makes a kit or detail kit of it (yet). It is different than the 360 Challenge. The front end, side skirts, and decklid are all different.

I wish Tamiya would step up and do this one :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Decs0105
07-31-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by ZoomZoomMX-5

:iagree:

TireGaint
07-31-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Tea
Museum Collection makes the transkit, the kit includes wheels and decals
HLJ carries them.

Too bad there used to be a link to the finished kit on HLJ but the link is dead now.

btw it is a 360 challenge set, no a stradale kit . thx:bigthumb:

TireGaint
07-31-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Thesaint111

:iagree:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Mustangman25
07-31-2003, 09:11 AM
Not to be real picky or anything Ray, Alex built a 360GT-the Challenge is the lesser version of the GT...
Chuck

freakray
07-31-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Mustangman25
Not to be real picky or anything Ray, Alex built a 360GT-the Challenge is the lesser version of the GT...
Chuck

Chuck, I see you are still trying to be your usual smart-ass self.....
You are familiar with the concept of kit conversion, even using a transkit close to what you want can help you obtain the car you want to represent......ironically, parts can be modified :eek:

On a side note, there is a big difference between saying 'I am certain' and saying 'I think' isn't there?

Mustangman25
07-31-2003, 09:55 AM
You're right Ray...:frown:
Sorry bout that one

Martbee
07-31-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by ZoomZoomMX-5

Definetely, since they already have such an interresting 360 kit why not push it to the limit and make a GT or a stradale (which btw, I never saw, so pictures will be welcome to understand WHAT'S A STRADALE??).
:comprage1

Rtuned
07-31-2003, 02:02 PM
BBR had 1 (1/43) and Renaissance might going for 1 trans-kit too (1/24).

Rtuned :rolleyes:

TireGaint
08-01-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Martbee

Definetely, since they already have such an interresting 360 kit why not push it to the limit and make a GT or a stradale (which btw, I never saw, so pictures will be welcome to understand WHAT'S A STRADALE??).
:comprage1

http://www.ferrari.com/images/challenge_stradale/gallery/zoom/cs_20_zoom.jpg
http://www.ferrari.com/cgi-bin/fworld.dll/ferrariworld/scripts/events/challenge_stradale/challenge_home.jsp

Tea
08-01-2003, 01:02 PM
http://cmmt.netfirms.com/usr/7/7_1_16.jpg

Not the kit u wanted, but it is related to the topic so I thought I would show this

I dunno anything about it so dun ask me where to get this transkit

Ferrari TR
08-01-2003, 01:52 PM
At first glance the conversion looks easy...
Just a set of wheels and some detail differences, but almost everything on the car is a little different. I've seen all the pix on the Ferrari site and I still have a lot of un-answered questions.

I think that is a Ren trans kit... Looks like it would supply wheels/tires window parts and a digital dash.

I do wish Tamiya would do this one!

:tongue:

TireGaint
08-01-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Ferrari TR
At first glance the conversion looks easy...
Just a set of wheels and some detail differences, but almost everything on the car is a little different. I've seen all the pix on the Ferrari site and I still have a lot of un-answered questions.

I think that is a Ren trans kit... Looks like it would supply wheels/tires window parts and a digital dash.

I do wish Tamiya would do this one!

:tongue:

"I still have a lot of un-answered questions" like what??:smile:

scaleracecars
08-02-2003, 07:59 AM
You can purchase the transkits from Renaissance at http://www.scaleracecars.com
They make several kits in two flavors. The first has a replacement bumper, etc... The second has an entire replacement body.
Best Regards,
David

360spider
08-04-2003, 09:47 AM
Let me clear up some things:
There are several transkits available on the market for Tamiya 360 kit:
Museum Collection makes "Challenge" transkit which includes only wheels and some stupid decals.
Acustion makes a nice PE set for the Challenge
Renaissance transkits (2 kinds, as mentioned before) one is for the regular 360GT that run at Spa in 2001 by JMB racing, and the other one (several versions) for the LeMans entry, its the one with the wide body (resin cast part). None of these kits will represent Challenge Stradale - its is much easier to modify Tamiya kit and get some aftermarket wheels.

HTH
Alex

Add your comment to this topic!