Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

integra with b16 and vortech s/c

wickedintegra
07-27-2003, 02:06 PM
i have an integra LS and i've been trying to figure out what i wanna do engine wise. I'm thinking about a vortech supercharger. i was browsing through their site and they claim 228HP and 184lb/tq for the integra ls kit. Now fot the b16 kit they claim 277HP and 175lb/tq. I was curious to know if i swap a b16 into my car and go with the vortech supercharger if it would bolt up with little or no mods. Has anyone done this. I would appreciate any input

97gsr
07-27-2003, 06:33 PM
your LS motor is perfect for boosting(turbo)!!
why dont you do that?? high mileage??

but to answer your question, yes the b16 bolts up with little or no modification!

PWMAN
07-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by wickedintegra
i have an integra LS and i've been trying to figure out what i wanna do engine wise. I'm thinking about a vortech supercharger. i was browsing through their site and they claim 228HP and 184lb/tq for the integra ls kit. Now fot the b16 kit they claim 277HP and 175lb/tq. I was curious to know if i swap a b16 into my car and go with the vortech supercharger if it would bolt up with little or no mods. Has anyone done this. I would appreciate any input

And you're going to spend an extra 3 grand for that 50 HP. While you can get a turbo kit, and run 12 PSI with good tuning and get 250 WHP easily probably more with other upgrades like 3'' exhaust.

wickedintegra
07-28-2003, 07:03 PM
i've been tryin to stay away from turbos because if i do it im gonna do it right. i would spend a shitload of money upgrading internals (pistons, rods, blockguard, etc) and then spend the money on the turbo kit. And after that paying for the labor to put it all together. I mean trust me everytime i hear that sound of the blow off valve i wanna have it in my car but im not so sure about going turbo

PWMAN
07-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Boost is boost whether it's from a turbo or a supercharger. But running the same amount of boost from a turbo will give you more power due to the losses a SC will give by the pulley it takes to run it.

dab16vortech
09-18-2003, 05:58 PM
I have a lot of information on this subject but I need to know what type of integra you have, the year, and what you plan on putting in and what your budget is.

spender1326
09-18-2003, 06:38 PM
And you're going to spend an extra 3 grand for that 50 HP. While you can get a turbo kit, and run 12 PSI with good tuning and get 250 WHP easily probably more with other upgrades like 3'' exhaust.

I keep hearing people quote 12psi is safe and it has 250 whp. Is that really do able, with right intake and complete catback? I would like to know some specific information. What turbo kit to use, what intercooler, what boost controller, etc. I know about the greddy kits and the drag kits. They are $2500 and $3100 respectably. The FMAX is lik $3700. Will those do it? Aren't those limited to only 7psi? Oh and what turbo? Garrett? What model T3/T4 hybrid? But what AR? .48, turbine and exhaust? What trim?

And also I have a problem with high mileage. Mine has like 160+k miles on it. It's going to die soon. What's the best option for upgrade? Engine rebuild? Rebuild with Golden Eagle sleeves? Get a JDM B18B1 for $1000-$1500? And then turbo it. I want 230 to 250 whp for the least buck. Please advise on the best option.

Thanks.

dab16vortech
09-18-2003, 07:26 PM
The cheapest power ins obvisiouly nitrous but in the long run it will also be the most expensive. You sound like you know your limitations with the motor, like 160,000 miles and you know not to boost on it. The best block in my opinion for boosting on a reseaonable budget would be an ls because the have lower compression than a vtec motor and they do not have as much overlap between the intake and exhaust valves which can be a very quick road to detonation. In response to your question about 12 psi, I personally think 12 psi on a stock any honda motor is a lot because Honda's didn't roll off the line with any types of forced induction. Yes you could run 12 psi on a well operating stock motor and make some pretty good power, but if you just spent all of your hard earned money on a motor swap and turbo or supercharger kit why push it hard and possibly blow it up. rebuild is the only way to go and if you are on a budget maybe going all motor isn't a bad idea. I have a lot of respect for an all motor honda pushing 200+ at the wheels because it is harder to get there but much more reliable. what kind of car by the way are we talking about?

90CRXZCSi
09-18-2003, 08:29 PM
you can run boost on a motor that has 200K mi as long as your compression is even across all cylinders and isnt low. I have a buddy that boosted a 94 GSR with 150K on it and he had 180 across all 4 and it ran beautiful.

Add your comment to this topic!