Shaving and Molding

dannysreallycool
07-26-2003, 05:50 PM
i just bought a brand new pack of BONDO GLAZING & SPOT PUTTY and i was wondering if i can use this to shave door handles or mold body kits, or lips with it. It's the one that comes in the orange bo
THANX IN ADVANCE
:feedback:

Modgod
07-27-2003, 01:42 AM
Works pretty good when ive used it just sand the door handles

SonyMobile
07-27-2003, 01:54 AM
spot putty is only useful in small amounts in small areas, this stuff crumbles veeeeerrry easily, maybe try just regular bondo, or modeling putty.

Modgod
07-27-2003, 02:04 AM
Umm sonymobile arnt u that person off the modifiers board?

michigan02
07-27-2003, 08:09 PM
I use a white putty also avilable as "green putty"
Filling seems fine I would hate to try to bond with it though seems to flexable and not enought bond strength to it. As far as bonding I would use glue and follow with the putty to fade the seams.

SonyMobile
07-27-2003, 11:19 PM
:confused: Yea I am from the Modifiers forum...........

Modgod
07-28-2003, 12:47 AM
O great another person from the modifiers forum ( not to be mean but that board is so F*** up!) and alot of us dont want that happening here

SonyMobile
07-28-2003, 11:18 AM
lol, I no what u mean, theres alot of newbies, not what it was when i first came... and im kind of getting bored of my mods, and i have been into models 1/24 and 1/25 scale for a few years, and i just bought a tamiya peugeut 206 new zealand kit, (spelling on all of that crap:bloated: ) and i heard about alot of the mod guys talkin about this, so i came here for some tips.:icon16:

DSM-Mark
07-28-2003, 11:35 AM
I'ma gonna hijack this thread just a little...

I have that bondo spot and glaze putty, and it is fairly nice. However, I have a couple problems with it.

1) shrinking. It does shrink quite a bit. But don't combat this by using a lot of bondo. If you glob on too much, it cracks.

2) scribing panel lines in it. Doesn't really work. The putty crumbles far too easily. Anybody have any tips on scribing panel lines in crumbly putty? Or can somebody recommend a better putty to use? (possibly epoxy putty?)

Thanks.

SonyMobile
07-28-2003, 11:38 AM
i would say epoxy would probably work, it seems like it would,
are u talking about crumbling spot putty? cause you shouldnt even waste your time with that stuff, its good for doing tiny touch-ups in your bondo work, and for filling small lines, but the second you do anything more that sand it, it just comes right off. (ie: dont cut it, dont get it wet, if you paint it, u need like 40 coats!)
:bigthumb:

DSM-Mark
07-28-2003, 11:55 AM
This is the stuff I am using. People have commented that it is basically exactly the same as Testors Red.

Merkava
07-28-2003, 01:30 PM
If you are going to scribe lines through putty, don't use putty. Instead use gap-filling super glue (Thick super glue). Zap-a-Gap works well, because it hardens quickly with the use of accelerator, and is glass smooth=scribes well.

Add your comment to this topic!