Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Convertables:

benz162000
11-22-2001, 01:24 PM
I was wondering what is the better convertible...
Toyota Solara
BMW 325
Saab 9-5

Let me know what you think about these cars. It will help me decide.
:)

Morpheus XIII
02-03-2002, 07:31 AM
I don't know much about the Saab, but if you can afford the 3-series cabriolet, go with that. But keep in mind that it costs 10 grand or more than the Solara ragtop. Personally, I think the Solara looks best in coupe form, even though it was originally intended to be an open-top car. Even better is the coupe form in its TRD trim. Subtle, yet effective.

BlackToyotaPickup
08-13-2002, 08:11 PM
id go with the Solara because it is a nice lookin luxery convertible. And it will last forever and ever and ever and ever and ever. Where the 3 series is more moolah and costs more to fix. And even though i love SAAB's they are still harder to fix and a lil more expensive to fix than the Solara. My cousins 9-5 conv. just cost him 120 USD for a new tail lense. Although this was in the city at a dealership. It could be less if you werent in a city and werent getting repairs through a dealership

xravexboix
03-25-2003, 12:43 PM
Solara = non-luxury car that is supposed to be luxury
3-Series = Luxury rearwheel drive car
Saab... i dont know at all...

The Solara costs less, the insurance will cost less (FWD < RWD < 4WD), and less people have it. If you want to be 'original' and save a few bucks (there is a supercharger avail. :) ) then go with the Solara. If you want the nice bmw that will eventually cost you a lot more, go for it (if you have the cash) but go test drive both and see what you prefer. These two cars are great!

xravexboix
03-25-2003, 12:44 PM
Wow, I just realized that this thread is HELLA OLD

jeklow
06-19-2003, 03:50 PM
Get the Saab. Really nice, and it's fastest of three, to my knowledge. We have a Saab 9-5, and it is one of the nicest cars I've ever been in.

Add your comment to this topic!