Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

JDM Type R

grumpee
07-25-2003, 11:48 AM
Just changed my gsr to a JDM Honda Integra TYPE R 97. Pretty excited about the vehicle. Came with some pretty good stuff already. Ohlins dampers, mugen 4-1 extractors, st. may shotgun exhaust. Just some exhaust questions. What sort of piping diameter would be ideal for power gains (from the cat). Current piping is 2.25 inches. I was just wondering if increasing the piping diameter to 2 3/8 or 2 1/2 inches would have any significant effect on the over all power output. Some people say that exhausts on an NA car does little in increasing power output, that the extractors are the key for NA cars. WHile others believe otherwise. ANyhow, any info would be good. THanks all.

crxlvr
07-25-2003, 06:42 PM
only if you are gonna turbo the vehicle do i suggest you go above 2.25" thats about the max a NA car can handle, but turbos can take a nice 3" pipe.

chechin
07-25-2003, 11:25 PM
hey man, I got a question, is your ITR a right hand drive?, r u driving it that way? I'm planning to buy one but I'd like to know how difficult can be drive right hand drive cars.

grumpee
07-26-2003, 01:40 AM
Thx CRXLVR for the info, appreciate it. I live in Australia so RHD are the norm. But i doubt RHD in the states would be a problem. Just takes some getting used to , that's all. Cheers.

Add your comment to this topic!