Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

anyone ever make a *differant* body kit?

rallymax
07-24-2003, 06:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone ever did anything creative with the exterior of their car, and by that I mean not following the traditional pattern of adding more "aggressive" looking fiberglass/plasitc front bumpers, skirts, etc. Those are all well and good, but I am building a rally/mad max integra (max max look, rally inspired engine/suspenion). IMO the car is much more fun to drive than your average rice rocket. I built a custom front bumper (diamond plate aluminum, reinforced, with a stailess tubular brush bar/light gaurd) which has pushed over road signs and destroyed many sizable things in front of the car; but my engine mods let me beat an RSX . does this sound like fun to anyone else, has anyone else ever attempted a "bush car", or am I the only one crazy/dumb enough to do this?

whiteracer
07-24-2003, 07:38 PM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

:22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes:

:eek7:

How has no one responded yet?

99civic03
07-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Im not even gonna comment on this one. But I do have one question....

Does anyone in your hometown make fun of you for that?

blasian_man
07-24-2003, 09:12 PM
:werd:
but imo i think its alot better than the poser/ricer type "r" stuff, now its type "4x4"

99civic03
07-24-2003, 10:55 PM
Yeah, now all you need is some 44" super swampers and a 16" lift!

rallymax
07-25-2003, 12:47 AM
of course people say stuff about the car, just look at it. keep in mind the car was built to race on old, unpaved logging roads and county service roads of my old town. the car was riding on snow/ice tires to deal with gravel and dirt, and could outhandle and outrun pickups and anything else on the roads (didnt meet up with any STi's, but everyone knows how an integra would fare against one of those anyway). In the end I dont honestly care what people say about how it looks; it's reasonably fast and goes where few hondas dare, and thats more than I can say for 95% of the ragged out, euro-tail, aircraft wing civic's I meet in traffic.

to each his own, right?

00accord44
07-25-2003, 09:34 AM
Just smile and nod. :iceslolan

esp
07-25-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by rallymax
didnt meet up with any STi's, but everyone knows how an integra would fare against one of those anyway).

yea the integra would get raped to all hell.

you said you beat and RSX so lets SEE some of the engine mods.
:useless:

Kilboy57
07-25-2003, 01:46 PM
:spit:

holy sh*t its kinda startling....do u actually try to take it off roading....or is it just fun to bash shopping carts at ur local shoprite parking lot???

forget the 16' lift and the Tires I thing the next mod should be a M60 mounted on ur roof just like the ARMY humveys.....U could be a true urban comando

Ricochet
07-25-2003, 02:31 PM
I still can't decide if this is cool or not... It's definitly ugly, but it's not made for show I guess. If it's your daily grinder then yeah it's pretty lame. If used purely for offroading in a friend's farmfield then that's pretty sweet. I'm trying to picture my reaction if I saw that thing on the road... it's not materializing...

Take a picture of it with all those lights on, sliding sideways through a field of dirt like in all the Nissan commercials... that would be fucking awesome. Definite sig material :bigthumb:

rallymax
07-25-2003, 06:15 PM
in response to some questions:

1: yes, I do take it off roading, as much as possible. the area where I live has an abundance of logging roads, service roads, and a generaly large amount of unpaved trails. of course its always fun to know you wont hurt your car if you choose not to drive around or stop for various road contruction and control barries, like barrels, cones, etc.

2: engine mods: the car has been rechiped (need to go to a dyno and have the make me a nicer one though, not really satisfied with the currant one), front and rear upper strut bars, mobil 1 throughout, centerforce dual friction clutch/pressure plate/throwout bearing, chakira tork step 4-2-1 with crossover header, custom 2.25 exhaust (cat-back) with flowmaster 60 series delta flow muffler (getting a nasty, raspy sound at high rpm that is less than satisfying, looking into ways to fix it), helix power tower throttle body spacer, platinum 4 plugs, snow/ice tires for dirt racing, I've tried a couple differant intake plumbing systems, but at the momment it has the stock piping with a k&n filter with lower resonator removed and lower fenderwell open (this works best for keeping mud/debris/etc out). general repair and upkeep (including 2-3 axles so far for various reasons) as well as all modification/fabricatoin/installation (with the exception of the custom exhaust tubing cause I dont have a lift or pipe bender handy) have been done by me, so it can move a little slowly at times (FWD clutches are so fun to change with 2 floorstands and a floorjack in a driveway). the interior is also largely guted, with the back seats replaced with a matching upholstered shelf with tie downs. And of course the big obvious, one pair of 130 watt lights and one pair of 55 watt dual refractor-lense lights on top, which illuminate an area about the size of a pro basketball court in a parking lot, or all that concerns you on a back road

Ricochet
07-26-2003, 02:11 PM
Dude, you could have summarized that entire #2 with "i/h/e and a clutch"

00accord44
07-28-2003, 09:05 AM
:werd:

Kilboy57
07-28-2003, 09:38 AM
Since u do take it off roading and those lights do serve a purpose...I give it my approval....nice work :bigthumb:

although I still think a machine gun mounted on the roof would kick ass...just something to think about

esp
07-30-2003, 03:38 PM
ok with those engine mods u still couldnt beat an rsx. and plus u got bout 200 more pounds of crap bolted onto that poor car. makes me wanna cry.

00accord44
07-30-2003, 03:42 PM
:iagree:

Teampurevision
07-31-2003, 02:41 PM
yeah, You see metal bumpers and frames , and spotlights were designed for Trucks and not for Honda's. I'm usually not the one to put someone down about their car, but what the hell were you thinking? If you really like that stuff either buy a truck, or buy a ralley car. And even then don't weld anything to the outside.

bloodzombie
07-31-2003, 02:52 PM
Personally, I woudln't drive it, but it reminds me of something that my goofy brother would do, and I'd laugh at it, but, but it would turn out to be a lot of fun.

Ricochet
07-31-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by bloodzombie
but it would turn out to be a lot of fun.
That's what this entire hobby is all about, so I think this is pretty cool imo.

Add your comment to this topic!